myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 430
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lewmar Hatches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott.lawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lewmar Hatches
    Posted: 21 April 2021 at 00:14
Hi all,

Trying to get 3 new Lewmar hatches to replace existing ones which are leaking. Have contacted my local dealer who cannot get a response out of Hanse. Anyone know where I can get them?

Edited by scott.lawson - 21 April 2021 at 00:15
Matt View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 02:33
Lewmar directly or a local Lewmar dealer. I had to replace one last year and simply ordered it through a local Lewmar vendor as a special order after some research in the Lewmar website to figure out which model etc. I needed
HANSE 445 #231 "ALBION"
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 11:00
Same issue:

I ordered 4 new @ Boatoon Hanse online shop seen 4 of them are peeling of the white paint and leaking.
Lewmars comment : Sorry to old ( 2014 ) and no warranty.

Sorry to say but poor build quality !! What would you say if the paint of your car falls off after 7 years ???

Boatoon Hanse Online Shop

https://hanse.boatoon.com

Best regards
/C
Lykke View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lykke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2021 at 23:09
Hi,

When I wanted to replace my deck-hatches I sent the questions below to hanse@boatoon.com and got this answer:  

correct red one version is no longer available and
  only fitting one for your boat H430 is the model TBF3233. This is successor:

https://hanse.boatoon.com/de/sz60-no-vent.html
  Best regards
  Sanja Andrusic

--
  hanse@boatoon.com
  +49 30 609 899 286
  Hanse Shop operated by Boatoon GmbH

{#HS:1060405843-94400#}

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 16:01:50 CET, <......> wrote:

Dear Sirs,

I am considering to replace all 3 deck hatches on my Hanse 430e, (Hull #8 from 2007).

This due to corrosion on aluminum frame and UV-damages to the glass glue.

The original hatches are a variant of Lewmar size 60 Flush 2G hatch with special red colored glass.

I understand that this is no longer available and want to switch to the new 3G hatches with standard light grey glass.

I see you have several variants of this hatch for different Hanse models.

Product number: TBF3238 for Hanse H415, H418, H455 and a lot of other models, (Euro 359.00)

Product number: TBF1118 for Hanse H385, H415, H418, H455, H505, H575. (Euro 580.00)

Product number: tbf3309 for Hanse H385. (Euro 370.00)

In addition to 2 variants with ventilation built in.

What are the differences between these and which one will fit best to my Hanse 430 ?

I ordered three of them and got these with white coated frame:

When searching the hanse.boaton.com today for TBF3233, it looks like they now have another substitute for these hatches. But it might be wise to contact them and ask.

Lykke, Hanse 430e, #8 from 2007
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2021 at 06:36

Hello Lykke,

I start soon to replace ours
Are the hatches easy to remove or are they really glued in ?  What do you use to install them ? Sikaflex ? what number ?

thanks, best regards

Best regards
/C
Merinalle View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merinalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2021 at 08:23

I changed one of them some four years ago. If I remember correctly, I made it this way, after removing the bolts: I set some wooden blocks to the deck on both sides of the hatch, and a wooden plank over them. Then I could use a F-clamp for lifting the frame.

Sealed it with Sika 291i, no leaks so far.

320#166
Lykke View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lykke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2021 at 15:52
Hi, yes it was glued in place with some Sikaflex and I had to give a little push from below to loosen it even if most of the adhesion was lost due to corrosion in the aluminum.

For fastening the new ones, I used butyl tape and replaced most of the tiny wood-screws with through bolting with M6 bolts (M8 bolts at the hinge).
Lykke, Hanse 430e, #8 from 2007
Cris12CH View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cris12CH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 11:11
To all friends in this Forum: avoid as much as you can ordering/buying anything from Boatoon. Overpriced, unreliable and extremely poor customer service and communication.
I bet if Boatoon will continue this way, they will be very soon out of business
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 15:01
Sorry to hear you have had problems with Boatoon. I have had some dealings with Boatoon over the past several years and although they can be slow sometimes at supplying they had seemed reasonable. Their pricing varies from good to expensive on some items. But if you need a specific Hanse part they can be the best option unless your original dealer is happy to source these parts for you.    
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
 Post Reply Post Reply