myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 355
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installing Genoa Tracks - Tips and Tricks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattplowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing Genoa Tracks - Tips and Tricks?
    Posted: 13 August 2021 at 05:43
I am treating our 355 to a new set of sails for the upcoming cruising season here in NZ and I am going to go with a new 105% instead of replacing the self tacker.

Has anyone installed genoa tracks on a 355? Any tips and tricks to pass on?

Thanks
Matt
H355 , #47
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2021 at 12:51
As far as you can purchase ideal track (slightly bent Lewmar size 1), you just have to drill, tap the hole with suitable threads, and bolt it (using TEFGEL or other isolation product).  You also have to add line feeders & cleats for control lines on cockpit outer coamings.
Tracks are bolt on the GRP plinth at the height & length of saloon windows.
(I've ordered the yard's optional ones 10 years ago... but never used them).
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
mattplowman View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattplowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 05:41
Much appreciated Bruno
H355 , #47
Clinton_down under View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clinton_down under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 11:30
Hi Matt, our 355 has factory fitted Genoa tracks with lewmar fittings, if interested I can share some pictures and measurements. We added ronstan cam cleats so the cars can be adjusted from the cockpit which works great.
Clinton - down under

Hanse 355

S/Y Penzance

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, traveler cockpit mouted, Simrad-Jefa autopilot.
mattplowman View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattplowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2021 at 04:43
I laid the tracks yesterday, went well, used 33mm m6 self tappers. Once taking account of track depth and 10mm of GRP before hitting the plate we got about 7-8mm into the plate , I’m comfortable that will hold but will update if that is not the case.

Next step is to lay the pad eye for the jib sheet block between the car and winch. Only issue is there are 2 sets of reinforcement plans for the 355, 355-3040-010-00 (issued 08/10) and 355-3040-010-02 (issued 11/10) , I assuming the latest version is the one to use? The pad eye location (#2 on the plans) is shown in a very different location on each plan. My hull is 47 built in 2011.
H355 , #47
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2021 at 10:35
Cannot help.
I have no blocks or pad eye there but I should have reinforcement plate.
My H355 is #57 built April 2011
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
 Post Reply Post Reply