myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victron Digital multi control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victron Digital multi control
    Posted: 11 October 2021 at 13:45
Paul,

You can disable the current knob in the charger/inverter software so the knob has no effect. I set the software figure to 32 amps and ticked the option for the software to control the current and now if the knob is turned it will show a different figure but has no effect. The toggle switch is not easy to accidently turn on but possible. I think the placement of this control is fairly standard with most Hanse models. 
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 12:43
looks on the net
Manual victron digital multi control 
About the position of the switch you are right!!Cry

Edited by Wild - 11 October 2021 at 12:44
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:20
Hi, thanks for the replies, as least I now know what this does and how it works! Still not convinced about where hanse installed it and the sensitivity of the knob and switch. I think I will install a hardwood 'fence' just in front of it for protection.
All the best
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 12:10
hello
Whit this button you set the victron inverter-charger to the max amps you will take of the wallpower our generator.
This to prevent that you take more amps than the source can delivery and the thermal breaker of the wallconnection jumps off or you overload the generator.
Simple as that.
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 12:03
if your shorepower is limited with a low fuse you could set up this on the panel. All exceeding current than comes from the inverter. The values are for 230v not for 12 v. With this you can also switch off the charger by setting it to zero. 
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 11:29
Piero thanks. 
Further proof of my poor grasp of electronics! Yes of course it is current, but I still don't understand why you would want to vary this?
Our problem was that it the controller was set to 2.5 amps, but the fridge was on and as I understand it this draws at least 4 amps.
All the best and stay safe
Paul
Pzucchel View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pzucchel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 10:04
If it is the knob on the right, it doesn't seem to me voltage but current. It's essentially how much energy flows, 25A being 10x 2.5A. It's the current of a river, so cubic meters per second of water, versus the voltage that is the heigth of a waterfall (little water =little current). 

Maybe somebody that has the same victron could tell you more...

Piero
Hanse588#55
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 09:20
Hi, as my previous posts have shown, I am not an electrician! 
Could someone tell me why you would want to change the voltage on the knob? Seems to go from about 2.5 to 20 volts.
The reason I ask is that our controller is in a really silly position where both the little on/off/charger only reed switch and the knob can be hit without even realising it. 
I went to the boat today and found it was set to 2.5 volts and despite being connected to shore power the house batteries were registering 10 volts. I am hoping this hasn't destroyed the batteries but fear that might be wishful thinking!
All the best
Paul

Post Reply Post Reply