myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane locker door

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom foolery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane locker door
    Posted: 11 October 2021 at 16:06
When I bought my 2006 400 last spring, I had to have the inside door of the propane locker modified / re-glassed to fit the propane tanks which are available locally here. In the process, the propane locker door, which was already damaged, was completely trashed.  

The opening is about 31.5 cm (12 3/8”) wide by 35.0 cm (13 3/4”) high with rounded corners.

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find a replacement door for the locker?
G8WVW View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G8WVW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 16:23
Hi Tom,

Our Hanse 445 gas locker is an Osculati 50.253.00. May find your gas locker is the same.

Cheers.

Andrea & Ian
Aboard SV Gabrielle (H445 #164)
Portishead, SW England.
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 17:45
https://hanse.boatoon.com/en/shop/article/24986/gas-box-with-door
This is the original item for H400.

https://hanse.boatoon.com/api/shop/1/image/article/24986/4606/TBZ0022.jpg

Edited by Captain Cook - 11 October 2021 at 17:50
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
tom foolery View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom foolery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 20:24
Thanks to both responders; this is the one!  Very helpful indeed.  
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2021 at 05:11
you can by the hatch only. Its made by Nuovarade article number 196845. This is one place to source it: 
I have recently changed mine on my 2006 Hanse 400 and it’s a perfect match. But material is improved to be up resistant and the surface texture is also improved.

Edited by jeb - 10 November 2021 at 21:58
Jesper
Hanse 400e
landlocked View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landlocked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 16:22
Hi  Tomfoolery:

I have a 2006 400 as well and have wondered about re-glassing the propane locker to fit the tanks that are available in Canada (have had to jump through hoops over the years to get the skinny tanks from the US).   Do you have any photos or details you can post about this modification?  Also, let me know if you are still looking for the cover doors - I bought some many years ago and can probably dig out the receipt.

Owen.
"Kerkyra" 400e #042
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 19:48
if you are missing only some cm you could heat up the black part of the locker and deform it a bit. That is what I did with my storage when i mounted my cockpit speakers
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
landlocked View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landlocked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 23:41
Thanks iemand, but I think this is a different problem.   I have the black liner in the small locker on the port side but my problem is with the propane locker on the starboard side.   It has a big enough opening but there is a fiberglass molded liner inside that is only big enough for a skinny propane tank that can't be purchased in Canada.   I think Hanse fixed this problem in the following year but too late for my 2006 model.  It seems like a big job to cut out the old locker liner and fabricate a bigger one from fiberglass.

Owen.
"Kerkyra" 400e #042
Rob S. View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 21:45
Owen,
This is just what mine looked like.  I couldn’t find the skinny tank anywhere, and couldn’t fill the existing one as it was too old. The marina cut and reglassed it for me but I can’t tell you how much they charged because it wasn’t itemized out from a longer list of work they did over the winter.  It didn’t sound like they thought it was that hard though. They reconnected the vent to out-board obviously.  The newly configured locker holds a 5 lb standard tank. 
Rob. 
DJgun View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJgun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 02:36
It seems Hanse toyed with that side door arrangement for just a few years before the redesigned from 2009 with a top lid and drop in bottles. Altogether far better, with room for a couple of small bbq size bottles and easy access.

Limited gas locker space is a problem for cruising, so it is nice to read about all the work-arounds Hanse owners have developed.

Cheers from Oz.
DJ

Edited by DJgun - 03 January 2022 at 04:15
DJ Sailor Ordinaire
HIN DE-HANJ0331J708
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>