myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bringing ubulukutu back from her 2 year layup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2021 at 20:19
OK, should have also asked, and others will be interested, how was the condition of the Saildrive rubber seal after 8 (?) years?

Hanse 345 - Tenacious. Sailing on the Solent and now to the west coast of Scotland.
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2021 at 05:36
hello CrocDundee,

As far as I could tell there was nothing wrong with the seal on visual inspection.  I know others have said that that last a long time and if volvo say 7 years they will have used a pretty conservative measure.  I have been on the boat for every hour and every mile of its use so I know we have not damaged it either.  However, not sure I would like to have the conversation with my insurer if I hadn't changed it when specified and the boat went down.  
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 12:11

Bow thruster antifouled and new anodes 

Saildrive leg completed 

Love these hull shapes
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 12:13

Polished now
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 12:14

Chain looks horrid, new chain on order

Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2021 at 13:15

New chain installed , now i need to clean the rust from the old one off.

Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2021 at 13:17

Amazing what you can get done in Turkey, my rear logos were a bit battered, so now I have new ones!

Boat goes back in the water tomorrow for engine tests.
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 08:17

So we launched only to find we were running on only 2 cylinders due to a pooly seating exhaust valve, so the engine is back out and being rebuilt. 
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 09:22
Hi Mark and Catherine, sorry to hear that, not good news after all your hardwork. But at least you found out now rather than when it might have been a big problem.
We replaced our exhaust elbow with a stainless steel one a few years back when we too had to have the engine out, so far so good.
We re-launched yesterday after an anti foul and gaiter replacement, so looking forward to some good sailing soon
Good luck
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 10:10
Same same just a different continent!

Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>