myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Code 0 sail to buy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2021 at 14:22
.......and 2x Spinlock BRS63 block with stopper.  
The stopper is ideal in case you need the winch for trimming something else in between. 
We sail with 2 winches only. 

Samtutuki View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samtutuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2021 at 20:27
Been having a close look at the Code C from theses guys.  Competitively priced.

cintra View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cintra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2021 at 07:00
i was Lucky enough to find a slightly Used Elvstroem Hanse „Cross-over“ sail, which is basically a Code-0 on a furler with a high cut claw. 
Works perfectly to the Wind angles as Listed in the Brochure, approx 65 to 140.
See The Naked Sailor blog for More Info!
Hanse 388 LOUNA #173
CrocDundee View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2021 at 09:51
Very useful postings in this thread. We have a Code 0, and on lighter wind days it is great. 

Recently we had a wee drama after coming south round the Mull of Kintyre on one of those Scottish no/light/moderate wind days, with the Code 0 furled and the wind on the beam at about 15 knots, and the Code 0 became partially unfurled, and took a few minutes before it was spotted, while the boat provided some interesting behaviours to the helm. Solution was straightforward enough, point more downwind and drop the semi-furled Code 0 to the deck. 

This thread offers some good suggestions that we will test out. I like the idea of leaving the furling drum, line, halyard and sheets rigged, but dropping just the sail and torsion luff. Then combine this approach with a locking blocks on the rail, and the sail should be quick to deploy and remove. 

Noting we sail with a 105% jib most of the time, but have the 90% self tacking jib, for when the wind is likely stronger and tacking enthusiasts are scarce. 4 winches, but still stoppers for the Code 0 sheets would be useful.
Hanse 345 - Tenacious. Sailing on the Solent and now to the west coast of Scotland.
Scribble View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2022 at 21:44
Thanks everyone for your replies, all very helpful experience you have shared.
I am buying a Elvstrom Permanent Code 0, just released, 60m2 and high clew, a high tensile polyester on a bottom up Facnor 2500 furler and cable. Should furl tight and UV protected to leave hoisted for periods of time. 
Hoping I've made the right choice!

cheers
Tony - Hanse 388 Scribble
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 00:54
I can't comment on the sail, but the Facnor Is top quality and very easy to use.
Although I drop the Furlstrom when not in use, I keep the torsion cable, furler and continuous lines rigged permanently.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12