myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yanmar B-type Panel Alarm Buzzer on / off?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yanmar B-type Panel Alarm Buzzer on / off?
    Posted: 13 May 2022 at 21:09
Hi

Could need an advice on how the Yanmar B-type panel should act during start up.
As I bought our 2008 Hanse 370 Secondhand, I don't know if the Yanmar Panel is acting like when it was new.

I have read the Manual for my RCD3YM30X1 and it states that there should NOT be Lights in the Coolant-Temp and the Saildrive-Sensor, but only in Oil-pressure and Battery. This is also what I see, so far so good. 
Because the two light never are turned on, one can not for sure know if the bulbs are broken...

I have tried to Shorten both Coolant-Temp wire to Ground and also Shorten the 2 wires to the Sail-drive-Sensor - and this turn on the lights so I have all 4 lights on.

The Manual also states that when the key is turned to ON, there should sound an alarm/buzzer. But I have never hear that alarm on our boat. (Our old Hanse 311 VolvoPenta did sound the alarm)
I Have a Engineroom Ventilator that engages when the Key is turned to ON. I have checked and the ventilator get it's power from a Relay under the Electric-Cabinet, so it is not powered directly from the Yanmar Panel.

In this Link they discuss the Btype panel, and a user states that some panels does not have the buzzer enabled?

But I saw a youtube video with the very same B-type panel, and here there is an alarm like it is stated in the manual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PGTopkTEDQ

Could somebody please enlighten me? I will try to start the engine and then shorten the Sail-drive-Sensor but I expect I will only see a light but no buzz-sound...

/H8jer

Edited by H8jer - 13 May 2022 at 21:19
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:30
Adding some additional information:

The Manual shows that the buzzer should always sound when either the Oil-pressure/Coolant-temp/Saildrive-Sensor is lit.

So I will try to measure the two pins where the Buzzer is soldered to the PCB. I see from other pictures that the Buzzer is in red plastics, but mine is black.
Looks like either the Buzzer or that all 3 Diodes are toast...

Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 20:54
I have the B-type panel, and the buzzer (a loud piercing tone) starts when the key is in start position. When the engine starts, the buzzer is off. When I stop the engine the buzzer starts its noise again.
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Mark_J1 View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark_J1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 08:58
Definitely buzzes pre-start and at shut down due (expected) low oil pressure. If you are going to the hassle of replacing the buzzer can I suggest a louder one! The one time I had an overheat warning while underway my crew was happily helming & oblivious given the wind and engine noise at the time! Only heard it as I came up the companionway. Actual issue was minor thankfully. 

Mark
Hanse 400e "Grey Goose" Hull #31
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 06:17
It is advised to take out the water sensor on a regular basis (yearly) and put it in a glass of water.  This should cause the light   to come on and on our yacht the buzzer will sound..
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 18:14
Hi all
Thanks for your advice.

Just to inform on how I fixed the Non-working buzzer.
First picture shows the PCB with the buzzer of the brand ODO.

Second picture shows the PCB removed from the Panel, but all connection are still Attached. The Engine-key in ON, and there are lights on for Oil-Pressure and Battery. I have attached a volt-meter on the Pins for Buzzer and it shows 11.75v so we then know the PCB is ok, but the buzzer is dead.

Third picture shows the PCB after I have soldered a new 12v piezo buzzer (without driver version) to the Pins for ODO buzzer. I had this buzzer from old projects, so I did not want to order and wait for a new one. The Pins are 15mm apart and it is 24mm in diameter - just if one would want to order a PCB version.

Final picture shows the PCB placed back in the Panel and the new buzzer sits next to the old buzzer. The new buzzer is fixed to the PCB with one of the screws that at the same time hold the PCB to the Panel.

It was not a difficult job and the buzzer costs peanuts. I've heard that a new PCB would have cost 283$ / 268 euro.
Only one on stock that I could find i Denmark is Hold-On!  780$ / 740 euro (link to ridiculous price)
/H8jer

Edited by H8jer - 24 June 2022 at 18:34
psousa View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psousa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 10:31
This is very curious as I was about to do that as I have no buzzer when key is turned. But last month while the boat was on the boatyard for regular maintenance I did the saildrive sensor test (took it from the saildrive base and inserted it in a cup of water) and the buzzer come steady and loud. My guess is that on my case it may be a configuration to make it on/off on key turn.
david selby View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david selby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2023 at 17:44
Hi, I've just replaced the buzzer as I thought that was faulty, it was not! When tested it worked fine. Have I a problem elsewhere, any suggestions?
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2023 at 15:33
David

Do the lights come on when you turn the key to the on position.  If they do not the 3A fuse could be a problem.  Check the volts when the key switch is at position AC.  I had to replace the key switch early this year as the starting position contact was unreliable. 

What yacht do you have and what wiring diagrams do you have?  I think the wiring diagram on my 341 with a 2GM20F is similar to what H8jer has already shown .
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
david selby View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david selby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2023 at 21:30
Martin&Rene
The replacement buzzer works after installing on boat.Clap
I also replaced engine hours LCD and I now have correct mileage displayed.
She's a Hanse 315 from 2006.

Regards
Dave

Post Reply Post Reply