myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 505/508
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Racors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ohthetrees View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohthetrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racors
    Posted: 06 June 2022 at 16:05
I’m the second owner, but my boat came to me with racor style filters already installed. I’ve always thought that was standard from the factory, but now I wonder if the previous owner made that modification. I don’t have the nice double filter set up, I have a single unit for the generator, and another single unit for the engine.
FalParsi View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalParsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2022 at 11:36
I was in no rush to buy, so I waited for a price drop. Bought it in the US and took it back to Europe with me. It came out a bit more expensive than the SEPAR unit, but I like the design better, and RACOR filters are easy to get anywhere in the world.
2016 Hanse 505 #120
tobo2 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2022 at 10:22
How much did you pay for the Racor System? I'm also thinking of installing a double filter system after an issue with the water separator alarm of Yanmar out of the bue. It happened again twice and now it seems to be ok. There are 2 problems with this Yanmar type. You have no visual control and when the alarm goes off it's too late.e 2nd the separator is very small so that only some condensation water (I was told by a Yanmar technician) can trigger the alarm. But I'm tempted to buy the SEPAR SWK-2000/5U type. On a Hanse 508 there is enough space in the bilge where the handle for the diesel tanks is. Any experiences with that?

Edited by tobo2 - 05 June 2022 at 17:58
FalParsi View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalParsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 18:28
Hi forumites,

Today I took out the Delphi prefilters and exchanged them for a Racor setup. Here’s the end result:

2016 Hanse 505 #120
 Post Reply Post Reply