myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 300 / 301
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running rigging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running rigging
    Posted: 21 May 2023 at 17:15
Originally posted by AlanL AlanL wrote:

I was thinking metal bars over the panel, stopping feet but allowing finger access, but can't find out where to get them.

Kitchen cupboard D handles?
This sort of thing perhaps- but you would have to find a suitable size of course

Edited by samuel - 21 May 2023 at 17:21
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
perry View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 14:21
I use a polycarbonate sheet velcroed to wooden spacer frame that stops kicks or water runing down. I have a finder hole for start key and stop button. Mine is Yamaha 3ym20, slightly different but same idea
Perry
Current Yacht Hanse 315 2007
Last Yacht Hanse 301 Round GB in 2017
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 18:17
I use the same fine tuning control as Perry. If i did not have a liferaft I would tale the fine tune part to the eye on the cockpit floor as it would not detract from the traveller much as I only use it up wind. It would avoid having so many blocks on the traveller car. It would also make the length of that set of tackle longer.

Regarding the engine controls. That is easy. I have a piece of 4mm Th polycarbonate over the panel. Along the top edge I have a hinge made from webbing. This is fitted to the wooden piece that is at the top of the panel & I have clamped it between 2 pieces of plastic spacers & screwed into the wood. Then I have done the same into the polycarbonate but clamped between some polycarbonate strip using pop rivets.
In the bottom edge I have 2 bolts projecting to act as spacers so it is held parallel to the buttons without touching them. At the bottom I have a loop of elastic bungee which loops over a hook to hold the flap closed.

Embarrassing  picture- It will certainly get cleaned in the next couple of daysCry

Edited by samuel - 22 May 2023 at 08:25
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
AlanL View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 17:45
Thanks Perry - I like anything that saves me money! Smile  I'll have a look at adding a fine tuning system based on your one to my current setup and price that up.

Another question while I think of it, the control panel for the engine is mounted on the port inside sidewall of the cockpit and is regularly kicked by the crew!  I am currently having to replace the ignition button as it got damaged.  Does anyone have any solutions to protecting the panel?  I was thinking metal bars over the panel, stopping feet but allowing finger access, but can't find out where to get them.

Alan
Hobo
Hanse 301
GBR 2996L
perry View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 20:42
Hi Alan 'Hobo',
I use a home made fast slow main sheet system. Used it on race quater tonner, my H301 and now on my H315.I published photos on this forum on the 301, the 315 is much the same but no photos. Have a look at my forum photos, should be self expanatrey:-
If your interested I'll photo my H315 version, the cost was of the rope and one of the blocks much cheaper than Easymatic' and it works well, trimming a big main upwind, provided you have decent traneler.
Perry
Bloto
East Cowes
Current Yacht Hanse 315 2007
Last Yacht Hanse 301 Round GB in 2017
AlanL View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 17:13
Interesting, I was looking at that on Force4, though not sure if I needed an Easymatic 2 or Easymatic 1, but the 1 was out of stock anyway.  Definitely interested in how you find it.
Hobo
Hanse 301
GBR 2996L
Stringers View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 23:22
Hi Alan, I've just purchased & fitting this week an easy matic 2:6:1 2 speed main sheet system. I'll let you know if its any good.. 
AlanL View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 17:27
Hi, on Hobo I have 5 clutches on each side: Port: Spin Halyard, Pole Up, Pole Down, Reef 1, Reef 2, Starboard: Main Halyard, Genoa Halyard, Kicker, Clew Outhaul, Topping lift.  Seems to work but I'd like a Cunningham too so perhaps I need 2x6.

A question for others about Spinnaker setup - Hobo has a couple of bonded in turning blocks for the Spin sheets at the back of the cockpit but tbh I never use these as I use blocks attached to the toerail about level with the winches that I set for convenience.  Should I be using the rear blocks?  I've done it this way for 10 years and it seems to work but maybe I've been doing it wrong? LOL

Also my elderly crew are struggling in strong winds when racing with the standard 4-to-1 Mainsheet (like the picture above), does anyone use something different?

Alan
Hobo
Hanse 301
GBR 2996L
seanthijsse View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seanthijsse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 20:29
Apologies for the slow response. I have four clutches on either side which I find sufficient for my needs at present so I have not added any further clutches. On the port side I have the spinnaker halyard, pole uphaul (which I don't use), reef 2 and kicker. On the starboard side I have reef 1, topping lift, main halyard and genoa haylard. 

The blocks for the main and backstay are Rutgerson (which were on the boat when I bought it). I will eventually swap these blocks out and update the backstay system but for the moment these are sufficient for my needs. I have attached some photos of my set-up for ease of reference. 

Stringers View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2023 at 22:39
Hi Sean, Did you add more clutches? Just had my mast stepped & there's very little there in the way of running rigging/quality - bit a lightweight dinghy setup. weird. As I want to race (eventually!) I'd like to start with a tunable quality rig. Can you share yours please? Any info on mainsheet blocks/ratios etc. would be really helpful, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>