myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuilding my Hanse 345 2015 mod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 09:32
Working on making davits, some left, but getting closer.

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 12:23
Replacement of the toilet and septic tank is also underway

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 09:18
Got a bit done this weekend too. Finished casting/making a shelf for the septic tank, and now the toilet must be installed.

Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 12:50
Nice jobs !!!
Congrats !
Only concern is when grey water tank is (neraly) full.  This is 120 - 150 kg weight very far from yacht centre line (not speaking about space It takes) !
I'm glad It is not (yet) mandatory in my home waters !
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 13:49
Originally posted by Brufan Brufan wrote:

Nice jobs !!!
Congrats !
Only concern is when grey water tank is (neraly) full.  This is 120 - 150 kg weight very far from yacht centre line (not speaking about space It takes) !
I'm glad It is not (yet) mandatory in my home waters !

I understand your concern, but when I'm ready to sail, the tank is emptied. It's just so I don't have to empty the tank while I'm ashore.
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 16:52
Knut, just an idea
I would put the tank lower to the bottom of the locker and build the shelf on top of it.
It will result in a lower center of gravity and you can reach get easier to all the stuff on the shelf

Frank
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 07:20
Originally posted by Fendant Fendant wrote:

Knut, just an idea
I would put the tank lower to the bottom of the locker and build the shelf on top of it.
It will result in a lower center of gravity and you can reach get easier to all the stuff on the shelf

If I had put it on the floor, it would have used more of the space.  Since the hull is wider further up, I get it further out on the side this way.

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 07:43
Last week was used to install the new bow thruster. It will be interesting to see how this works compared to the built-in ones. Especially when it comes to power and sound.

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 07:45
At the weekend it was also time to tinker a bit with the power control panel, This is also nearing completion

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 17:30
The door to the cargo area was far too small for me.  I'm approaching 50 years old, and I can't lie on the edge to pick something up in the cargo hold.  So then I had to make a new and bigger door.  Will probably be even prettier when I have time, but very lovely with a large door.  (strange that Hanse doesn't make this bigger)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>