myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrusters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrusters
    Posted: 03 March 2023 at 13:37
Hi everyone, the second activating arm of my Quick stern thruster just broke. 

Strange 1) because the boat was docked and I was just trying to check the function .
Strange 2) because the front one broke last year in October under the same condition.

Did anyone already experienced such failure?

Thanks for infos!

Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2023 at 15:59
Boomjack,

How long was it since you had used/tested the thruster? I wonder if marine growth had caused it to get stuck in the closed position?
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
boomjack View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2023 at 16:32
Hi Wayne,
No can t be this, I test them every week... How can you put iphone pics on this post? I want to show pics of the shaft, it's interesting...
boomjack View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote boomjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2023 at 16:35
second pic, inside the shaft is a screw made of plastic, this part broke....
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2023 at 18:34
Boomjack,

I think this would be caused by the ram extending too far after the door is closed. The prox switch may have failed or become loose and therefore out of the correct adjustment? 
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
boomjack View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2023 at 22:18
Yes Wayne, thst's also what I believe, but why on both bow and stern in such a short timeframe, 5 months?
If there is a problem of switch or end of course adjustment, we need to know if it comes after years or anything else.
I'll ask Quick, it could be good to know for all of us.
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2023 at 23:38
I agree, probably adjustment of the limit switches. I check mine every year. Best way to test is to lower the thrusters. Then disconnect both electric control feeds at the main DC board (not the thruster battery switches at the thruster locations!). This will disable the retraction in the down position. Then disconnect the spring loaded wires that hold the door up. This will let it swing free. Good time to check all the attachment screws on the door and hinge as they have a way coming loose. You now can reactivate the controllers. The tunnel will swing up. There should be about 10-20mm between the bottom of the tunnel and the surface of the closed door. When in the down position, the drive leg should be inline with the drive shaft. There is a U-joint where they meet and it should be as straight as possible. At this time, check that the door has not been wedged against the hull. If either of these two conditions are not correct, use the limit switch adjustment to correct.
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
Gale Force View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gale Force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 06:55
I have had the exact same problem .The limit switch failed and it over extended.It is quite an expensive repair if I recall
boomjack View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 07:59
Thanks for info guys, very interesting,  by the way it's a 1500 euros for each part plus the work. Do you know if it needs to be adjusted when it comes new from the factory?
Pzucchel View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pzucchel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 10:13
Originally posted by boomjack boomjack wrote:

Thanks for info guys, very interesting,  by the way it's a 1500 euros for each part plus the work. Do you know if it needs to be adjusted when it comes new from the factory?

The actuator costed me 848 euros in uship. I had to replace it because of a flooding that rusted the motor gears, and the screw was OK. 
Hanse588#55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>