myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 311 Main Port cockpit locker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanse 311 Main Port cockpit locker
    Posted: 17 May 2023 at 13:31
We have a Hanse 311 which has a massive port cockpit locker/lazerrette. We have folding bikes on board , but recently my wife’s knee has got much worse, and I want to upgrade to an electric folding bike for here.
All the bikes,( other than the Brompton £££) are clearly much wider than a normal bike. My dilemma is whether they fit through the locker hatch opening. As the boat is in France, it’s not an easy job to just go there and measure the opening . Is anyone on this forum actually on board a  311, and able to measure the depth and width of the opening when you open the cockpit locker ? Many thanks
RB
GunnarJ View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GunnarJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 14:09
Length 52cm 
Width 42cm (a bit more as the backrest cutout is a part of the opening)
Depth 105cm

RichardB View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 14:32
Gunnar,
Thank you so much, that really helps.
Richard 
RB
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 17:05
That is odd, I have just returned from placing my Brompton e-bike on board. I can lower it through the hatch in its bag, but have to take it out by the heads hatch as it tends to catch on the expansion header tank & the back of the instrument panel, making it difficult to get out. Plus it is awkward to get at the right angle.
I measured diagonally between the back of the expansion tank & the engine controls to the back of the hatch because that is the restictive opening when I put my Brompton in.
The dimensions I got are 510mm * 500mm  because the bike can go in at an angle.

I also measured the heads door & this is also slightly restricted by the filter & pipes for the engine  water intake so one cannot use the full width of the door.
I took this as between 400(at the filter ) & 430mm wide (at the pipes below the filter) & a good 800 clear height which is more than you would need height wise.

We did have 2 cheep folding bikes, but having bought 2 Brompton Ebikes, I have absolutely no regrets. Far superior ride & parts are always obtainable as the design hardly changes.
Today I passed one of our 85 year old club members on his 4 days a week 10 mile ride. He rides one of the first Bromptons ever made, even though he has 2 more of much newer vintage.

Edited by samuel - 20 May 2023 at 17:07
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
 Post Reply Post Reply