myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken bathing platform - again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jojo View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken bathing platform - again!
    Posted: 28 October 2023 at 01:08
Message sent as pm
3 Cabin, Hanse 342, Tiller version.
JanD View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2023 at 16:14
Hi Jonas,

do you still have the removed platform? i am looking for one

JanD
Hanse 342 - 2006 - wheel-system
Jojo View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2023 at 21:50
today I installed the bathplatform tomorrow I will remove the old one 

I really like a open rear 

Regards Jonas 

Edited by Jojo - 23 April 2023 at 08:03
Jojo View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 06:48
hello friends 
Today I purchased a new bathplatform to our 342
I went the Batsystem route (35 series)
The feeling of a platform that is useful in multiple ways not only for easy access to the boat 

Actually 2 persons can sit and relax together 
The rubber boat can easily be stored resting on the platform upright under sailing in the Swedish archipelago  

To my surprise the original wasn’t useful and quite heavy handled for my family 

I must say the boat feels larger only by removing the old platform (like the open sight backwards) as we have the tiller version

To all that being in doubt to remove the old and make it more usable 
It’s a affordable option instead of a repair or original replacement 

155 x 45 cm is a lot extra space 

Regards jonas 

Edited by Jojo - 26 April 2023 at 06:56
Reymius View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reymius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2022 at 12:17
Hi Johan

Thanks for your qucik reaction, as I told you, the fiber guy tryed to solve this issue following your descriptions and pictures (Page 3), so probably something was missing......

I don't have pictures right now, but i's brokenon the same place as you had broken initially

Anyway I will try to solve again 

Thanks one more time!! 
Let them sing
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2022 at 11:45
Marc,

If you back to page 3 in this thread you will see how it was solved once and for all. This is regarding the "upper knee" (when the platform is in its down position"). I haven't had a problem with that for the last decade or so and I am very happy for that. The bathing platform is the great feature of the Hanse 342 as it was meant to be in the first place.

The main problem used to be the "lower knee" (again when in the down position) and that was eventually solved by Hanse by adding supports that also can be seen in my pictures. I have not had any cracks there either.

On page 3 you can see some cracks around the hinges and what I did to make sure they wouldn't make the entire platform come off.

You don't mention in what area you platform is broken but if you let me know I might help.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 06 September 2022 at 11:47
Reymius View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reymius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2022 at 11:08

Hi Johan

Hoping you are doing good.

One year ago I had the same problem, as I heard from you a possible solution I gave to my dealer the way to solve it, unfortunately one year later , the platform is broken again, did you experience the same? or its the problem fixed?

Please if you have any suggestion ,it will be welcome!!

Many thanks in advance!!!

Regards

Marc

Let them sing
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2021 at 15:49
When I bought my Hanse 342 (second hand) in Plymouth UK back in 2009, it also had an open transom. But the dealer luckily had a spare one in stock and I got installed before I sailed it to Copenhagen, Denmark where I live. Allegedly the fitting was a bit of a drama. But it still works even if some small crakings at the hinges have appeared over the years.

It will be interesting to se if you can find a solution!Thumbs Up

Ole,
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Lynetten, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hanse 342 (grey hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, Jefa rudder - RUD34)
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2021 at 08:24
Originally posted by Interlude Interlude wrote:

I had not realized there appear to be three transom styles for the 342, mine (#241, built December 2004) has a full transom (wheel steered), Johann has a open transom filled by a swim platform when it it not broken (tiller steered), and you appear to have the open transom without the filler. Strange.

I think that when the 342 was introduced I was built after the 341 that had the closed transom. If I remember it correctly I could choose between the closed transom and the newly introduced bathing platform when I got my 342 in 2005. Later years the option was the bathing platform and if you didn't choose that you would get the open transom. The closed transom option was then no longer available.

My bathing platform has not been broken since I got it fixed once and for all and I enjoy it immensely.

Johan
Interlude View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Interlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2021 at 02:48
If you can't buy what you want, I think it would be possible to build a solution.

I would cut a board to slot vertically into the two drain cutouts either side of the open transom, with a narrower bottom piece to reach to the floor of the cockpit, and maybe cutouts for drainage?. You could add a horizontal bench seat to the top, with bracing supports. Maybe solid plywood with epoxy paint.

I had not realized there appear to be three transom styles for the 342, mine (#241, built December 2004) has a full transom (wheel steered), Johann has a open transom filled by a swim platform when it it not broken (tiller steered), and you appear to have the open transom without the filler. Strange.

Good luck.
Interlude 342#241
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>