myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 385

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boddensailer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanse 385
    Posted: 21 June 2011 at 22:05
Did anybody else notice the new Hanse 385 on hanseyachts.com?
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 07:52
I did and I want a new boat...again :) Most of all because it has more over head space than my 370. There are some new nice features which I think are great at least on the drawing but if they are in reality as bad as some things was on the 375 needs to be seen when the first boat ready to be presented.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 08:12
Hmmmm - are you sure Marco?

On the one hand i like the new 385. But if i look at the figures i ask some provocant questions:

You want a shorter boat than your 370 even if the numbers (385) tell a diffrent story? Hull length on 385 is only 10.99. The 370 was about 11.25 LOL

You want a shorter mast? 17.30 (385)  17.77 (370/375) Thumbs%20Down

You want a heavier boat? 7.6 instead of 7.2 tons Thumbs%20Down

You want a boat with less sailarea? Thumbs%20Down

You want a boat with a lifraft you cannot reach if your boat is sinking? Bathingplatform will be pushed up by the waves and higher water if boat is sinking as the waterline will be much higher than! How do you want to reach the liferaft than? Thumbs%20Down

You want a inmast furled mainsail?

If you want to have a b......, than buy a b......! Censored

The only diffrence now is: The hanse looks much better than a b......!Thumbs%20Up
She looks still like a sailboat and not like a caravan!

Edited by Peter-Blake - 22 June 2011 at 09:09
Blake 370
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 08:33
As said, I only wanted more over head space Smile

You forgott:
Do you want to have non-epoxy boat Thumbs%20Down
Do you want to start from the beginning with new problems to solve Thumbs%20Down
Do you want to make your wife mad by spending money on a new boat againDead

How can you even mention the B word hereExclamation I thought it was prohibited to curse in the church of Hanse LOL
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 09:11
Sorry i changed it now to B....... Shame on me.

BTW: When you get older you will shrink! So - in about 30 yaers - you will fit into your hanse 370 LOL
Blake 370
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:46
Hi Folks,

Please can we remember that this is an owners forum that is visited by both owners and prospective owners.

It is negative comments like this that lead Hanse to ask us to close this forum down but we always fight to keep it alive as we believe that it is a good service to owners and allows them to pass on information between themselves to make owning their Hanse more enjoyable.

Ofcourse it is good to have opinions on new models but please bear in mind that this is simply a rendering of a new model to be launched later in the year.

To answer your thoughts.

The mast is shorter but is set further back allowing a larger foretriangle, which leaves a better balance between the main and the jib. 

The sail area is slightly less and it is slightly heavier but if the 445 is anything to compare to over the 430 this has had a fantastic effect on the sailing characteristics.  In very light airs it would be a little slower but in anything over 12 knots and into the mid thirties it is an amazingly stable and fast boat.  If the 385 offers this we will be very very happy.

For most yachtsmen extra weight is an advantage as it offers improved seakeeping and stability and only loses out in the very light winds.

The bathing platform is optional so if you think it is a safety issue with regard to limiting access to the liferaft then it can be ordered without.  Having a dedicated liferaft stowage position in the transom like that has to be major a advantage.

Inmast furling is an option or you order it with the standard system.  This is just Hanse offering more choices to their owners, which again can only be a good thing.

The epoxy contruction was a big advantage over what was then a standard polyester resin layup.  Hanse now use epoxy based vinylester resins as standard, which has the same strength characterisitics but not the weight saving as it does not have the foam core.  Hanse are not bothered about saving weight anymore but still want the extra strength and osmosis prevention that the better resins offer.  This is standard - how can that be bad?

I think the only bad side would be convincing your other half on the money spending ;-)

MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:58
Yeoman, point taken but I hope that all readers will understand that this is purely humour and no critics based on real observations. To all new readers: We all Hanse owners are very proud and happy about our boats and as every family, we have a harsh but friendly humour amongst each other.

Regarding closing down this forum it would be quite stupid because it is very easy to start a new one and then we will not have anyone who "slaps us around" when we sometimes step over the line. I think both Hanse and we win in the long end by this arrangement. And, don't forgett, we are the best advertice Hanse have. Many new owners have been here asking for information before they bougt their boat so we are also hell of the salesmen. By that said Yeoman, you are a tough Evil%20Smile daddy but we still love you HeartHug

Edited by MarcoC - 22 June 2011 at 12:50
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 12:25
Thanks Marco

Long live MyHanse it is good for all of us

Cheers

Phil
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 16:26
I'd like to add something:
being the owner of a now 1 year old 375, well yes i had some problems to solve, but i like our 375. It sails well and fast, is comfortable for what we need. Yes headroom is limited, but with my 1.88m i don't have problems except in the bathroom. Overall i'm pleased with the 375
First 4000 miles, no substantial problems
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 18:17

Yeoman,

I appreciate your participation in this forum from time to time, not to mention the UK dealer sponsorship of it in general!

A question for you - why doesn't Hanse care about saving weight? I ask this question for 2 reasons. First, a lot of people see the Hanse as a performance oriented cruiser; a cruiser/racer if you will. In my mind it competes at some level with a Bennie First series in the marketplace. As such, I believe they should try to keep weight down somewhat. Second, and somewhat selfish, not every sailing venue features 15+ knots of breeze. Trying to compete in 6 - 8 knots of wind, which is all too common during the summer here in Vancouver, is a real challenge with a Hanse (and that's with a 2007 epoxy version never mind trying it with a newer heavier version!)

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>