myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 385

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 21:51
I agree with MarcoC

The existence of this forum was one of the main arguments, among others, that made my decision.
The two major competing brands Ba .... and Be ... do not have this type of forum as comprehensive, objective and accessible to the prospective buyer.

On some points, this forum replaces the technical documents that we have not always (regardless of brand).
But when one owns a Hanse (or thinks about buying one), he knows he can count on a real active community through this forum.
Hanse AG and its dealers need to know that this forum is a real help for them as for the sale of boats and for after-sales issues. How long saved for dealers through this forum that allows every owner to know how to fix most small problems that always meets on a boat.
I think many other industries to consumers should build a forum like this and possibly help. This increases the knowledge in the product and therefore trust that the client may have in the brand.
The consideration for the brand is about leaving a true freedom of expression on the forum. Forum members, however, must use this freedom constructively and intelligently.

So long live myhanse
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 09:37
Hi Rubato,

The weight saving or adding is now more to do with where Hanse fit into the HanseGroup brands.

Now that they have Dehler, this range is taking up the mantle of Cruiser Racer, which are lighter, sleeker and more powerful than the latest Hanse models.

The idea behind the latest Hanse models is that they still have very well designed and slipperly hulls, thanks to the amazing Judel Vrolijk design team and are now designed more with longer distance cruising in mind, hence the additional weight, crash bulkheads, bigger subframes, extra stowage, inmast furling option, closed transoms etc.

Personally I think it suits the range perfectly as they are still stunning to sail as you would expect from a Hanse but also lend themselves to cruising further afield too.

The feeling of stability and security, whilst still going faster than most things out there is unbelievable.

Admittedly it won't suit the cruiser racers as much but then if they want a quality German yacht that is competitive on the racecourse they can have a Dehler.

I hope that helps

Phil
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 10:34
Jumping from a subject to an other but I just have to say how nice this is that we have a dealer who is having a discussion about the boats here and giving his/Hanses point of view about new boats produced. I would be very happy to join in a section on this forum where we owners cold participate in discussion with Hanse R&D departement regarding boat design/functions etc.

I challange more dealers to participate here in discussion under national forums at least!

"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 11:34
Hi Marco,

I would like to be able to do it more but seem to struggle for the time especially at this time of year.

I love the priciple though - what better feedback on design etc can Hanse have than current owners?

Cheers

Phil
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 17:36
Phil, thanks very much for the response! Certainly does make sense in the context of the Hanse group. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have any Dehler dealers here in Vancouver. However, I'm not exactly looking to replace my 400 quite yet anyways! ;)

Cheers, Steve
deltabravo View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltabravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 21:43
Hallo Phil,
Hanse- Yachten stehen für schnelles, bequemes, sicheres Segeln, mit Schwerpunkt schnell.
Dieses repräsentiert die vorhandene Produktpalette.
Hanse soll sich hüten schwere Wurstwagen für Chartereinsätze mit viel Volumen zu produzieren, dieses würde das Hanse- Image ruinieren.
Ich hoffe, dass JV Design- Team und allen voran Michael Schmidt, lässt dieses nicht zu.
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 19:47
Well Hanse is in my opinion repositioning the brand within now "the hanse group". Some will like it, some not, but i've the strong impression that the Hanse name will be used to fight the battle with e.g. Bavaria. The other brands of the group are there to fight other battles...
And indeed this will do no good to the brand name in my opinion:
- Bavaria has now surpassed Hanse in build quality. When i see the newly designed Bavaria 38, i notice the solid wood interior and the finishing which are well above Hanse standard.
- Up till now we could say the Hanse sailing behaviour was better and it sailed faster. I feel like this advantage will be lost :(

I like the actual concept of the Hanse brand: easy, good and quite fast sailing with a ship that has some more potential to exploit by adding better sails. The 375 was already a small step back: no bowsprit anymore... meaning the ship was designed more clearly for cruising and nothing more.

So my conclusion is: i like the Hanse concept as it is now, but would rather not buy any of the newer models.

So if i may ask something toMR. Schmidt: please keep the Hanse identity intact. By fighting a price war with Bavaria, you'll loose more than you can win. With equal price setting and bavaria-ish hanses, i would buy a Bavaria.

I guess now i will be banned for having given my truly honest opinion...

Edited by kweetje - 30 June 2011 at 19:49
First 4000 miles, no substantial problems
Impuls View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 21:56

I have to say I agree with the latest post here.

I bought my Hanse to have a boat wich had the following quality:
  • Well designed modern interior
  • Reasonable weight vs ballast ratio
  • A fast but still family friendly hull
  • A rig that you could upgrade - ie proper geanker, genoa and upgrade main sail

Now with the very cruising positioning of the latest designs ( 445 and 385)the family sailers that would like to sail fast would consider other options - Yes the 445 and the 385 is said to be faster and better balanced than the boats they replace - but the data sheet says if not all - a lot - shorter beam, shorter water line, smaller main sail - and weight goes up - how can that be good?

I love the style - but would hate to being surpassed by other boats - So for me the dehler 41 would be  more preferable if I would have to chose from the Hanse group - but why can't I have a nice modern design like the new hanse line up but with racing performance?

Impuls
hanse 320#440
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 09:01
There is the price tag of the dehler which is way above hanse price-tag. At the dehler price level other brands come into scope... 
First 4000 miles, no substantial problems
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 09:31
As said before, the newer models are nice but the older are better. Hanse design have for long time been quite radical and modern comapared to others. Why do you think there is such need to come out with new models all the time? Who asks for new longer, larger boats wit less space for storing equipment etc? Why not keep a longer production line of recent models and just change som minor details in interior design?

If I compare my 370 to the 375 with the knowledge I have today about boats compared to 2,5 seasons ago, I would never upgrade. I imaging that storage space it not a such great issue if you sail from your marina back and forth in the Mediterranean but when sailing in our Nordic waters you definetly want to carry lot of stuff when going on vacation and sort of "moving out" in the archipelago.

Changes for just the sake of changes cant always be good....
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>