myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bow Thruster not working (Max Prop Compact Retract
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bow Thruster not working (Max Prop Compact Retract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 16:11
Hey all, it seems the same compact retract thruster problem has occurred for us. I realise this is an old thread but I’d greatly appreciate guidance from the forum.

The thruster is deployed down again (a technician did this, then said it was up!) and will neither retract or activate the thruster. I need to get it up to sail to the technician for repair again. I’ve nver used the thruster for more than 10s bursts, and it was working fine until it locked down, in manual mode.

Can I get urgent help here - which or where are the white wires to cut?

Are they in the command centre or the waterproof box?

Thanks in anticipation!

H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 18:23
If it is a problem with the temp sensor the control will beep 3 times or so and then nothing happens.

This season we had same issue. The white wire trick solved it.
On the watertight box there are to the most left side 2 white wires. I could simply take one of the wires out of the pinout connector with a sharp object inserted into the connector.
Take care that there are also a pair of gray wires.
Download the right manual from max-power.com to see drawings if your uncertain.
/H8jer
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
Cam View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 18:45
Terrific, thanks H8jer ..

yes I’m getting the three beeps initially then steady beeping after at the control unit.

Are the (numbered 1&2) 3mm white-plastic covered wires, far left heading with the thruster battery cables into the main motor unit, as you recall?

Wish I could send a picture of course, will try a DM.

H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 09:29
This is how the cables look at my version - Look for Heat Sensor

H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 09:38
Originally posted by Cam Cam wrote:

yes I’m getting the three beeps initially then steady beeping after at the control unit.

Mayby it's another problem You have. When I had the temp sensor error it would make a long beep and would not turn on.
I only have steady 5-10 sec beeps when the Thruster is deployed and ready. 

It was very hard to diagnose the problem because the Thruster was working 50% of the time. At different ambient temperatures and battery voltage, and water speeds below 3 kn.
My problem was it would only turn on 50% of the times. And when using it for short bursts it would scream/long beep at me an retract itself.
And sometimes it worked without any errors.

But with the white wire trick it has be working without errors.
/H8jer

Edited by H8jer - 21 July 2018 at 09:50
Cam View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 09:52
Thanks I’ll try this again
dr.amon View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr.amon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 06:15
Hi,you could check the power supply accu voltage is enough.
Dashk View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dashk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2018 at 17:13
Hello to everyone!

I have a problem - we lost the detail, that covers our bow thruster.
Did anyone had the same problem? Where can I buy it?

thank you in advance
From Russia with Love
Stormsailor View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2019 at 13:13
Hello, I am unable to activate the thruster, it goes down and stops, but no double bip, so I am unable to get is startet. When retracting I get a double bip and can turn it off.
Is there two way to tell its down? A counter, and the endswitches?
Someone that have an idea, we are sailing  from Spain to Norway so nice to have a working thruster.

Magne
johnyred View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnyred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2019 at 16:24
Might be already solved but we had a similar problem.
Bow was going down but not activated. The problem was that the negative wire (-) black going from battery on motor was making contact with the body. Replaced rubber insulator on the motor body and it was fine.
Lower the bow. Keep pressing the left or right switch and move the battery cables to see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12