myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emilia on the move

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 92>
Author
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 21:20
After two days with light or no wind Emilia has made it to Kyrkbacken on Ven. It is a wonderful place to be.

Johan

Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 21:57
I have been in that harbor and it a calm and nice place to be in.
Lovley people (I can understand the language a little bit because my cousins are born and live in Denmark), and the environment is nice.

Have a good time there.
S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 20:53
From Ven we sailed to Helsingborg in a blow. I got the opportunity to talk to another myHanse contributor. Nice!

Johan

Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 00:03
And that person want to be unknown?
S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 10:04
Not at all. I just did not have a picture when I wrote my post. There was a boat between us that made it difficult to take a good picture but they left in the evening.

The other boat is Agathe from Copenhagen.

Johan

franko View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:06
Originally posted by Johan Hackman Johan Hackman wrote:

I love Copenhagen. I would move to Copenhagen if I could only understand the language spoken there. It is a very cosmopolitan city with room for all sorts of different people.

Johan

Begs the question Johan:

How do you and Ole communicate? Semaphore, Sign Language or maybe Hanseperanto?????

Wink
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 15:47
Erhh, Frank - It is a kind of Hanseperanto... I thinkLOL

You know, you just have to add a little myhanse tech lingo here and there then everythings seems to work allright (or is Johan only being too modest??).

We were sailing the waters of Skåne, but none of us really speaks the local language and I stubbornly refuse to speak English too a SwedeWink Luckily, both Christel and Isabel seem to understand Danish quite well.

Ole,
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Lynetten, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hanse 342 (grey hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, Jefa rudder - RUD34)
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 19:07
I just nodded politely when Ole talked. It seemed to work.

It must be much easier for someone from southern Sweden to understand Danish than for us from Stockholm as we don't hear a lot of Danish spoken there.

We however had a wonderful time in company with the Amani people and any linguistic bumps in the road were soon straightened out. It was fascinating to see both boat's kids playing and communicating with each other in their own languages.

Emilia is now in Långedrag in Gothenburg after a nice beam reach. Today's captain/helmswoman choose to sail under the jib only but the trip was fast anyway.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 14 August 2012 at 21:47
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 11:45
On our way to Långedrag we spotted another 342 and I took some pictures in case it would be another myHanse member. Below is one of the pictures. It was evident that sailing with the main only is faster than sailing with the jib only. We however moored in the berth next to them and had a nice chat.

On our way out from the harbour two days later we met a 370 that greeted us and said that they followed us on the internet. I believe they meant this thread. I am glad to hear that at least someone reads this.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 15 July 2012 at 20:29
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 16:22
From Gothenburg we sailed to Nimbushamnen on Öckerö and met up with Henrik in his 320 "LaRey". Henrik brought some delicious sea shrimps that were enjoyed in Emilia's cockpit.

Today we decided to stay in the harbour due to strong winds. We are getting a bit fed up with strong winds, actually. And they are cold, too. Yesterday's light winds were much nicer.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 15 July 2012 at 16:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 92>