myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emilia on the move

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 92>
Author
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 15:50
I never meant this thread to be a blog of any kind. My reason for starting the thread needs to be seen in the light of my contribution to the forum at the time when I started the thread eight years (!) ago. Back then I was entering an exciting journey that was worth writing about. That does not mean that every year is as exciting and I don't want to bore anybody by writing about things that just any Hanse sailor can experience for themselves. So, even if I had some very nice sailing north along the Swedish east coast in waters I have never sailed before, I felt it was nothing to write a lot about. I however have some pictures that I would like to share.

Now, when I am about to write a new post in this thread I often land on page 1 and there is a picture of my daughter helping out in the lock on our way out of the Lake Mälaren into the Baltic. As the years have gone by, this picture makes me chuckle. She was so small then!

Here is a picture of her this year. Even in the eyes of a father it is inevetible to see she has grown.

Edited by Johan Hackman - 15 September 2020 at 19:17
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 15:56
The soon-to-become-teenagers now use the dinghy to find a spot where they can enjoy the sunset and have "deep talk", as they put it themselves. Isabel had her usual friend sailing with us.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 15 September 2020 at 19:19
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 15:59
The ship's cat Leonardo is also enjoying his time on board. He starts his day when everybody else finishes theirs.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 15 September 2020 at 19:20
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2020 at 09:58
Everyone will remember 2020 as a very strange year. I will try to remember it for other and more positive things.

For example, Emilia turned 15 years old this summer. It is hard to believe I have sailed my boat for so long! But the love grows stronger and stronger. I think I learn something new every time I sail her.

I also realised that I have been a forum member for 15 years! That's even harder to believe. The internet has changed a lot over these year. Much is for the worse so I glad myHanse is still there for us.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 20 September 2020 at 09:59
Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2020 at 12:18
Hello Johan

You are right on all counts. We do need to look on the bright side. You have entertained and educated us with your posts sharing your sailing - and life - experiences. The 15 years have passed by unbelievably rapidly.  

And yes - myHanse is a very welcome and valuable resource - linking us all together.

Best wishes

Richard
Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2020 at 16:13
After having spent some time making improvements on Emilia it was finally time to use the autumn school break to do some sailing. As per usual this time of year we sailed to the Jungfruholmarna in the lake Mälaren.

The extra house battery came in very handy as the heater is running 24 hours a day.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 27 October 2020 at 20:00
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2020 at 16:16
I have also added a flying camera to my equipment so I was able to find a new angle when I took a picture of Emilia tied up to the Jungfruholmarna.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 27 October 2020 at 16:23
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2020 at 16:26
I solely purchased the flying camera to take a picture of my boat that I could frame on my wall at home. I think this picture is the one.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 27 October 2020 at 20:01
Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2020 at 16:34
Great photos as ever Johan! That's certainly a good one to frame for home.

As a matter of interest which drone did you purchase? 

Very best wishes

Richard
Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2020 at 16:54
Thanks Johan, now I know what my X-mas wish is Smile

Great Fotos!
Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 92>