myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snags to be expected?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexander342 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 17:01
Yes, at some points  its the dealer, but a big part of the issues where detected during the production process at the wharf before the handover to the dealer. It is just the quality-control of the wharf, which does not work anyway
MisterM View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 18:13
We have had our 385 delivered 3 days ago.
Great boat.
BUT....
Today we filled off the diesel tank, and..... during the sailing trip, an enormous diesel smell. As Alexander 342 already warned about, we had a diesel tank leakage on precisely the spot as he described.
Diesel all over in the bilges, the diesel smell in the cabin.....
We had a mechanic look at it, and this looks like a real design fault. I will post pictures later on to show what is wrong. This looks like a generic design flaw, which could be applicable to all Hanse diesel tanks?
The dealer said that they knew about the leakage issue and checked for it, but no way. This is something that cannot be easily repaired in my view.
Anyone with similar experiences? Or tips to get the diesel out of the bilge (is very low) or the diesel smell out of the cabin?

Machiel.
H385 #208 "Van Bree" - light grey hull
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 19:00
This is such a shame, hope you get it sorted out
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Ilkhanse View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 19:45
Machiel,

Sorry to hear of your experience. My boat is still being put together by my dealer. We have had only one issue ao
so far and that was a leak at the companionway drain. My dealer should take care of it. Please send pictures of what you speaking of as I have not filled up the diesel tank yet. I wish I could recommend something to help you! Please let us know how it is addressed. Good luck!
Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 19:56
This is a huge failure from the yard if the diesel tank is leaking.
This is a safety issue. I donīt want to even Think what can happen with diesel under the floor.

/Henrik
S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 20:18
That is so disappointing, especially as the issue is already known. Will floors have to taken up to access the spillage or is it only where the tank is? Washing up liquid or some other strong detergent is good for cleaning off the diesel plus plenty of paper or disposable nappies to soak up the water.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
Triple C View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 23:02
Anchor pin can and will rattle out causing anchor to deploy if not secured elsewhere. We love our 385, new last year and spent 5 weeks on board cruising NE USA.
Hanse 385 #114
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 09:48
Hi Mister M,

Sorry to hear about your tank.  Hanse have had a bad batch from the supplier and we (Inspiration Marine) therefore fully pressure test each one before filling it during commissioning.  I am not sure why your dealer has not done this. 

As usual with Hanse when a fault is found they change it very quickly so anything after a certain hull number now has a different tank - apologies that I know this does not help you but useful for others to know.

Kind regards

Phil

Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 10:25
Phil,

Glad to hear IM tests the fuel tanks as part of your commissioning process but I would have thought Hanse would request their supplier to supply pretested tanks and then they would test the system including the tank when it was first installed before other equipment and fitout was added? Here that is standard practice and for survey vessels the test is witnessed and recorded by a surveyor. It is after all not water we are talking about and once diesel gets into the bilge it is very difficult to get the smell out of the boat entirely. Hanse seem to do many things very well. With a bit more QC they could fix a lot of their problem areas. 
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Triple C View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 13:32
Our 385 tank leaked from what we thought was a bad gasket at the round access panel (for float?) . Took about 10 gallons out and leak stopped. My assumption was new gasket would fix problem. We have hull #114 .
Cleanup involved lots of paper towels then cleaners . After airing out boat the smell was gone.
Also interested in photos to see if this is the same problem.
Hanse 385 #114
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>