myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snags to be expected?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 07:25
Hi Everyone

We have simply replaced the faulty tanks which came mostly directly from the Manufacturer. It is not a very long process as everything can be fully prepared prior to the new tank arriving.

Kind regards

Phil
MisterM View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 20:53
Dutch dealer informed me that the seal applied on the tank was not thick enough, and that the yard will supply newer, thicker ones which should make the tank water-, ehhh, dieseltight.
They will not replace the tank, but replace the seal. I hope this is indeed a 100% solution.... Still the form of the manhole does not look right to me, and the suggestion by Panos looks like the best possible solution to me, apart from chaning the tank or mounting a whole new (square?) manhole.

After getting almost all diesel out of the bilge, luckily the smell has almost faded. The boat must be a sponge.. LOL

I'll keep you posted on the next steps. Still, anyone with similar experiences, please post as well!

Machiel.
H385 #208 "Van Bree" - light grey hull
Eduard View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eduard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 18:22
Sorry to read about your adventure, Machiel.

Does the Dutch dealer or Hanse reinburse you for the spilled diesel?

Good luck, expecting that everything will be ok in due course.
Ed

sy "Nimby" Hanse 342 #611 (2007); white hull, (one) wheel steering, Selden mast & boom, furlex 200S, deep draught, two cabins, traveller in cockpit, DSC VHF, inboard ap, B&G Zeus + Triton (2x)
MisterM View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 14:56
Hi Ed,

Thank you!
I will have to see on that; I will provide the dealer with the costs and trust they'll reimburse indeed.
But most of all I hope for a dieseltight and long-term solution, which I am sure they'll come up with.

Machiel.
H385 #208 "Van Bree" - light grey hull
Triple C View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 14:57
Our 385 #114 leaked at access panel for fuel sender. Photo just barely shows deformation similar to mister M's. Broker and Hanse USA informed.
Triple C
Hanse 385 #114
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 17:23
I think that the recommendation from Panos is a good one.
I would follow his procedure except with one exception, I would not cut the thick ring in two halves.

My suggestion is as follows:

a) Remove the man( or better mouse) hole cover
Make a stainless steelring ring exactly matching the manhole with threads for the manhole screws
b) You make a rubber seal exactly matching the ring
c) You cut the ring only on one location so you can fit it into the manhole
d) You put the seal on top the manhole
e) You prepare the manhole cover with one screw through cover and seal and tank
f) You slide the whole unit sideways, screw stays in hole
g) You slide the SS ring into the hole and fix it into position by loosely tightening the one screw
h) You slide the SS ring until it exactly matches the tank holes
g)You slide the seal, cover combi until its holes exactly matches the ring's threads
h) You tighten all screws by hand ( do not overtighten )
Dane View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 08:42
Finally, I got my new Hanse 385 Smile

We picked it up from the dealer and have now used 4 days trying to clean it and to get to know it. It is a lovely boat, but but but...... there is a lot there is not okay.  I started the tread myself about snags to be expected, so think that i better add my own to the list now for others to see.

First, the boat was 3 weeks later than I was promised.
It was really dirty. There was even beerstints on the simrad and the bin was covered in beer, the hull looks like it got covered in polish but then never polished after. Inside has taken us 4 days to clean so we could use it and outside looks horrible in the sun.

The winches are wrong. I ordered electric 40' main and 45' secondary. I got 45' main, 40' secondary and no electrical.

The compas is upside down.

The handheld part of the VHF is missing.

The anchor chain was connected to the boat with a plastic strip.

The TV i ordered was not there, nether any of the installations for it.

Sensors for the water tank doesn't work.

Convertible bed/sofa on port side of the cabin can't be converted to a bed as nothing fits together.

Loads of marks and dents in the floorboards after tools and screw that has been dropped and stomped upon.

Sealing around teak in the cockpit is incomplete and missing in one part.

Rust on the reilingpoles.

Wrong backplate for the a/c panel.

wrong wood on part of the floor.

wrong manuals for several pieces of equipment.

Cockpit tent too tiny on parts, so it requires violence to get it on, but we managed. But I don't think it will last.

And then loads of smaller items and scratches Cry

The support from our dealer could be a lot better and he never returns calls or mails unless prompted several times, and nothing gets done if I don't put on a lot of pressure.

So all in all: The boat as such is lovely and we are looking very much fwd to get some longer trips in her, but the whole process has been one huge dissapointment and the joy and excitement that I expected to have when receiving a factory-new boat is substituted with negative feelings all the way through. It has all been one big hazzle, and there is more to come before she is fit to go Ouch 

On a positive note, the windows are tight, the fueltank is not leaking and she is indeed a fast cruiser. With the main in 1st reef , only the missus and me on board and 12-16 knots wind we tacked with speeds up to 8.5 knots without even trying or trimming (and i forgot to fold the propeller as well) Clap  I wonder what she can do with a racing crew on board and more sails Embarrassed  Time will tell.

Edited by Dane - 11 June 2013 at 08:43
Hanse 385 "Tenna"
Denmark
Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 09:04
I donīt know what to say more then this is sad to hear.
I would sent to boat back to have all fixed.
Hope you donīt make the final payment yet.

I had 21 issues on my boat and got it al solved after more then one year by myself but I got some Money back from the yard.

Where do you have the boat?

//Henrik
S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
Dane View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 09:37
It is indeed very sad, and I have seriously considered to cancel the deal several times along the way because I was so fed up having to struggle with the dealer and broken agreements.

Unfortunately I was stupid enough to make the final payment just before I received the boat as I believed what i was told. The dealer has verbally promised to look at the snags, and I am now considering to involve a lawyer as well if there is any more problems getting things sorted. 

21 issues is a lot, did they not do anything to help you out?  I could do a lot the small things here myself as well, but I believe it is not my job when paying this kind of money to some who is supposed to deliver a finished product. -  I can see that I have a lot to learn though.

The boat is in Hundige just south of Copenhagen. No name on it yet, but it will come as soon as I have capacity to get it done. It will be "Curious"

How did you get your money back from them?
Hanse 385 "Tenna"
Denmark
Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 09:50
I think you should contact a lawyer to have this fixed right away.

I contacted the yard and told them, if I donīt get my things done now I will have to go to Court to have my issues fixed.

I told them I could fix it by myself. But I had to send 4 reminder invoices to them Before i got my Money.

Hope everything works out for yoy and if you are around Gothenburg you have a free beer.

/Henrik
S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>