myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 430
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there really a 430??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2006 at 17:03
Originally posted by Popeye Popeye wrote:

Why not just check out the www.hanseyachts.com pages. There is a pdf spec with pictures.

That pdf is preliminary and quite old, and designs may change. The 461 to 470 move has been made for a reason, and I wouldn't be surprised if there  are a few 430-modifications as a result of that process.

Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2006 at 18:31

Popeye,

You call those line drawings in the PDF pictures? Sorry, doesn't work for me, maybe you have a better imagination.

Steve

Alex Faber View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Faber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 17:16
If you go to http://www.hanseyachts.de/ and you choose German language you can get more information than is available in English. Try both, going directly to the 430e and first going to "Yacht-Konfigurator" and than to 430e.

I ordered mine and got hull number 24. So already 23 ordered a 430e before me!
I decided to go for it before having seen number one, because I would have ordered the Hanse 430e later anyway and now I might get it early 2007.
It seems the ideal yacht for me:
- Hanses are the only production yachts that are not underpowered with a self tacking jib.
- All Judel/Vrolijk designs I have sailed performed great.
- With a Hanse you seem to get very good value for your money.
- Hanses are the only production yachts that can be ordered with an epoxy hull.
- The 430e is the “smallest” Hanse with two wheels (I like to steer, sitting on the windward site, while watching the headsail/spinnaker tell-tales).
- The 430e is the biggest Hanse that can be ordered without a teak deck.

At "Hanse Boot", the Hamburg boat show at the end of October, I intend to decide for which options to go. Hanse promised to show the first one there.

The standard engine has been downgraded to the 3 cylinder 29 KW (40HP), but I think this is plenty of power for a 10,400 KG sailing yacht with no deck house.
Terry View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 20:42

Alex ,why would you not want teak deck?!

I just returned from sthmptn show and I thought the 47 looked petty good,I am torn between 470 -430.

Terry

Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Faber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 22:00
Terry,

A teak deck heats up in the sun making it uncomfortable to walk on and heating up the interior. If screwed, it adds hundreds of possible leaks to the sandwich core of the deck. It adds a lot of weight above the waterline. Most teak decks look ugly after a decade.
But most important reason to me:
According to my information, for teak decks you can only use teak from the tropical rainforest, because only these trees provide the right quality of wood. To get these trees, enormous damage is done to these forests.

Alex
Terry View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 14:13

Alex

A good enough reason.

Terry

Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Faber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 22:21
Got the information today from the Belgian dealer (where I bought mine) that Hanse is not able to display the first one at the "Hanse Boot" show in Hamburg at the end of October, as they promised before. Now they plan to show the first one at the Paris boat show.
If my current boat would be sold before next summer I might want to rent a Hanse, because I am afraid mine will arrive in autumn ( hull # 24).
Jeci View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 13:19
I am very interested in this model and as I am making the transition from motor powered to sail power, I need all the information that I can get.

Like how it handles, how easy for such a beginner like me, and will it fulfill my needs as hopefully I progress in my sailing skills to actual take parts in many races that are organised all year round locally.

My intentions are to potter around our local fantastic ancharages with long weekend crossing to nearby Sicily, and also a yearly crossing either to north Africa or Greek Islands. 
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 18:09
Jeci
Since the 430 hull#1 isn't in an owner's hands yet, you will have to go on Hanse's reputation and sailing characteristics from it's other boats. If I were to sum up, they are performance oriented, easy to handle, high quality (particularly for the structural aspects) yachts. A boat that size may be a bit of a challenge for a first time sailor but likely you are used to power boats in that range which will help. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to take a course or two if you're new to sailing. One other thing I'll point out is that setting the boat up for easy 1-2 person cruising is different than setting it up for racing. You could go with the cruising config for now and change (add) as necessary to make racing more fun.

Hope that helps
Steve
Jeci View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 19:52
Thanks Steve,

I have a meeting with the local agent here in Malta, next week. He says he have a 47 arriving in two weeks time, and am looking forward to have a good look at it.

I will let you know how it goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>