myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new boat problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 22:12
I can't understand such explanation that this kind of problems have to be resolved through a dealer...sounds ridiculous...who had the check? the boatyard or the dealer? so? we are talking of a boat costing far more than half million dollars! I can understand that at some point Hanse must be present directly solving the problems...this kind of situations give me some scare about buying a new one...but if I want a new model what can I do? wait until somebody buy one, make all the adjustments and then buy it?

fch@maite
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 06:47
I see that Fernando is based in beautiful Argentina.  This brings me to the question how many Hanse boats the dealer has sold so far. Maybe he does not have the experience. In this case he should yell and command professional help from the yard ( and of course pick up the tab for the flight expenses ).

Is importing goods ( spares )still such a headache in Argentina ?
marcopone View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcopone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 07:48
I agree with fernando that the combination of poor building quality and very bad after sales support is a mix who can drive the final user crazy.
As a matter of fact you buy your boat from the dealer who becomes your only possible source of support.
If the dealer proves to be not competent other not active other does not have a good connection with te shipyard, you are lost.
Final user have no possibility to change the dealer if he is not satisfied with the support, at least during the legal guarantee time who, here in Europe, is 2 years.
For sure to wait and not buy a new model the first year should help, however the lifespan of Hanse models is reducing much.
Today after 3 years you can reasonably expect a model restyle and after 5 years your boat can easily be out of production.
Just think the case of being an unsitisfied user with many problems and with an out of production boat !
ENRICO17 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENRICO17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 16:00
Anche io grossi problemi con Hanse 575 nuovo , in mio possesso da 10 giorni.
Non posso fare l'elenco delle cose che non vanno, é tutto che non funziona
Attacco rivenditore e cantiere con avvocato, perizia, fotografie e filmati
Dopodiché si passa su youtube, riviste del settore, e si manda il tutto alla concorrenza.
Devono rendersi conto che abbiamo pagato le barche con soldi buoni, e loro, devono darci
tutto quello che ci spetta, e se sbagliano, rifacimenti e penali a loro carico
ENRICO17 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENRICO17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 16:01
Anche io grossi problemi con Hanse 575 nuovo , in mio possesso da 10 giorni.
Non posso fare l'elenco delle cose che non vanno, é tutto che non funziona
Attacco rivenditore e cantiere con avvocato, perizia, fotografie e filmati
Dopodiché si passa su youtube, riviste del settore, e si manda il tutto alla concorrenza.
Devono rendersi conto che abbiamo pagato le barche con soldi buoni, e loro, devono darci
tutto quello che ci spetta, e se sbagliano, rifacimenti e penali a loro carico
331-7667773 sentiamoci, se vuole
superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 11:55
Marcopone,  What a shame. I find Hanse boats as safe as any other brand but i do agree that your trust in a boat diminish when vital things don't work as expected.

This has worked for me in the past: 

Try to make a deal with reseller that you get things fixed by local people who knows what they are doing - or the reseller points out whom should do the job and you let them do the job.

All bills goes to the dealer and he will probably send those to the Hanse factory anyway and you are sure not to get stuck with any costs for something you should never pay for.

You get your boat fixed now and the dealer can sort things out with factory. With a new boat in this price range there should be no discussions or delays in making things work promptly.
PEARL - S/Y SUPERLIGA - HANSE 470 e - Hull #168 - hanse470.com
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 12:00

I agree with Superliga,

It is the responsibility of your dealer to make sure everything is working as expected as they are the person you are contracted with.

Hanse are the boat builders not the people who deliver the boat to you.

Your dealer should solve the problem however necessary and then it is up to them to discuss things from there with Hanse once all is working correctly.

From our experience Hanse are very good at supporting their dealers.

Kind regards

Phil
fernando View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 15:04
What is the best dealer in the Med area? Can you share your real experiences with them. Mainly resolving factory issues. Many thanks in advance!
fch@maite
Ilkhanse View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 23:59
I am very sorry to hear of your problems. We have had our boat accessible for a little over two months. We have had some issues, but in our case the dealer either fixed it or employed a local agent to fix it. We love our boat more each time we sail her. Stick with it! It's worth it!
fernando View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 00:25
Thanks! Which was your dealer?
fch@maite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>