myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new boat problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 08:57
Same here , we had 15 issues after going through a 3 page check list and a shake down run. Our the dealer closed out already 9 of them within 2 days.  Remaining issues are the fridge and the lousy canvas work by supplier Wendel and Rados.

Ilkhanse View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 12:42
We are located in the US and unfortunately the dealer I bought our Bost from is no longer a Hanse dealer. My point was that your dealer should be able to employ local help.
tobo View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 13:09
After my experiences of seven years sailing a Hanse (H470e) I can say that it all comes down to the dealer. Hanse After Sales Service, especially Mr Gunter Steck is very helpful man and never let me down. I could kill my (Croatian) dealer at this time, but he isn't a dealer anymore. On the other hand with all the issues I had I learned so much about my Hanse that no problem can trouble me anymore. And if so I have my dear fellow owners on this forum with good hints.

If I'd ever buy a new Hanse model I would invest one week of testing and sailing at Greifswald (with your dealer!) before leaving. You may pay your dealer some well invested € 100 but buying a new model and especially a big one like the 575 with so many different systems and gimmicks can only be checked when used. Even the best quality control, which definitely has been improved at Hanse, cannot find all mistakes by just switching on and off the systems. Apart from that you have "Wendel & Rados" a very competent shipchandler just in front of the Hanse shipyard to install you all the specialities from TV, to bimini or sails you want.

And last hint: Keep back 2% of your selling price and pay it when all has been checked. (This is what dealers have to spend anyway from their commission to deal with warranty issues).

Edited by tobo - 09 August 2013 at 13:20
Thomi
JoyAllin View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoyAllin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 15:41
I am very closely waching very ones comment I am thanking of buying 575 and it seens alot of problems with this  boat.  Any one good advice before I start going through all this grief.Ouch 
marcopone View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcopone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 16:51
the point is if the shipyard -Hanse- is at least good in correcting
the problems on new boats
as the boat number of a single model rise and the project becomes more mature the number of issues should
diminish
this however is not certain, unfortunately on this forum there are really few 575 owners
my information is that in July Hanse sold boat number #70
as of tosay they should have built about 45 boats
it is already a nice number...
Oumou View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oumou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 21:32
Sorry, that you bought a boat from Greifswald. You have Not purchased a "Ferrari" - it's just a Fiat. One has to know, that the quality of These boats as well as the After Sales service is just terrible. I know what i'm Talking about because they do Not spend enough Money for Good personell. They are just selling well designed Big Air bubbles that sail fairly well... The boats are Good for Camping inside the Harbour but that's about it.
Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 22:12
JoyAllin:
If you buy your boat in England you have the best dealer i the World. I have never heard any bad about them.

If I buy a new one I will buy my from them.

/Henrik
S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
Oumou View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oumou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 23:17
@henrik84:
Yes, you are absolutely right - peter Thomas and his Crew are One of the best ( Not to fortget about the windcraft Team led by Peter Hrones in Australia).
The Great Problem is Not the Dealers who do their best. The Problem with Quality is inside the shipyard and it has Not changed After Schmiddl has retired...
The biggest Failure is the purchase department ...
panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 01:23
@Oumou,
You seam to know some inside information about Hanse and Greifswald. Did you worked there? In the purchase department probably?
Panos

Hanse 630e - selling her -
superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 07:17
Oumou,
I think you are a bit harsh on Hanse. If you read some of the many test done by yacht magazines you will find that not only Hanse owners but also boating journalists have positive things to say about Hanse and how they handle under sail.

I have personally sailed a my Hanse singlehanded in 19 m/s wind under sail. The boat did fine. Now I am not sure when you think the weather qualify for sailing as oppose to camping. But I was pretty impressed.

From my own experience and most of the the problems you read about the Hanse boats are well build but owners experience problems due to electronics, engines and the quality of work done when things are fitted in the boats (e.g. tanks not tight, pumps turning the wrong way etc).

I have not worked there, but to me it is obvious that you can not blame the purchase department alone. The management set out the strategy and budget for the boats they decide to build. 

I think that Hanse should make one guy responsible for checking each boat before it's delivered. This guy should fill all tanks with colored (drinkable) fluid and check everything is ok. Use all pumps and water systems, check all functions of the boat, check all electronics, engine etc.
All should be documented on a handover document.

The dealer should be responsible for checking the boat once launched and the dealer should have fixed processes to deal swiftly with any problems without needing to discuss or invent a solution.

This would minimize a lot of the issues new Hanse owners experience and even make Hanse money due to saved time and money in after sales and increased customer satisfaction. 

PEARL - S/Y SUPERLIGA - HANSE 470 e - Hull #168 - hanse470.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>