myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Configuring my 385

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2013 at 15:50
best ones are the little Hondas.  Some of the cheaper ones dont produce a very good sign wave output.
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 07:18
Here are the first inside photos

385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 18:41

just fitted my new mainsheet bridle, see Hanses in Dubai for more info. 
Ilkhanse View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilkhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 00:48
Mark, how are the grab rails mounted to the steering pedestals? I can see they are screwed in, but were they tapped in or somehow through bolted? If they are tapped, are the screws aluminum or steel? I asked Phil about having some rails shipped over here, but I think it will be too expensive, so I am looking at having them made locally. Your boat looks great by the way!
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 02:03

Hi, thanks for the compliment.  As far as i can recall, they are screws not bolts, and are stainless not aluminium.  If I remember I will have a closer look tomorrow when we race her again.

They are certainly quite strong and help with moving around especially in a bit of a sea.

Mark

monty7442 View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty7442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2016 at 11:16
Hi Mark,

I know this is an old thread but I'm thinking of ordering the wheel grab rails you have for our 345 and thought I'd ask you about them first.

Do they get in the way much? Can you pass them easily? I sometimes stretch out with my feet though the wheel (not when sailing!) and wondered if it may end up a little less comfy with them.

Did you fit them yourself and if so is it just a question of drilling into the floor and self tapping the wheel support?

Any thoughts would be welcome before I shell out the £650 + VAT!

Overall I think it would be a sensible addition as there's not much to grab other than the wheel when the breeze is up

Cheers,

Monty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2016 at 14:02
Hi Monty, we wouldn't be without them, in a big sea we use them a lot, one hand on the wheel, one on the top of the handles. I still stick my feet through them and the wheel when lying on deck. We had them fitted by Inspiration Marine as part of the purchase but I know others have retrofitted them.

I don't know what we would hang onto if they weren't there, so I'd say yes get some.
monty7442 View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty7442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2016 at 14:43
Hi Mark,
That's all pretty much as I suspected but its still useful to hear it from someone that has them.
Thanks.

By the way are you permanently live on board? Where are you heading to this year?

Cheers,

Monty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2016 at 14:57
Hi Monty, we live aboard for 3 month in spring and 3 in autumn this year, currently in Greek Cyclades, heading back to bodrum for summer when she gets lifted, back out in September, not sure where we will go then yet.
monty7442 View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty7442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2016 at 15:20
Sounds NiceSmile 
Monty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>