myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hull Deck Joint / Mildew / Structure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2021 at 15:33
Hello Peter,
welcome to the club Angry

In fact many boats produced in the 2013/2014 timeframe had the same issue. 
At that time the dealers had to remove the old seal and replaced it with something new. 
My dealer fixed the problem a year after handover.

Hanse's "bad batch" excuse is BS. Sika is an major supplier to the automotive industry with a stringent quality system, which is frequently externally audited. There is a persistant rumour that Hanse switched to a new , most likely cheaper, supplier and reversed course when they had to fix numerous boats all over the world,

BTW, Sika HQ is based in our town, they are public listed and such a "bad batch" would have been mentioned in the annual report, if the Hanse "bad batch" fairy tale had any grain of truth.

Good Luck, it is not a bog job to scratch the old stuff out and replace it with fresh white Sika, Just ask you dealer what he uses.

Frank
32mike View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 32mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2021 at 18:29
I have the same issue on my two-year old boat. It’s all over the top-side joints.
Mike
S/V Dulces Sueños
458 #087
Tampa, FL
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2021 at 18:49
I have had the same on our 370 from 2006, only there the sika is between hul and alu rail.
I removed it and replaced it bij Black sika 371i after I primered it.
Black because it does not get wear and tear.

Edited by alettaenmarcel - 28 December 2021 at 18:50
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12