myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

320 Smarline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 320 Smarline
    Posted: 18 October 2014 at 19:48
Hi All, am considering a 320 and have now seen a few. Love the boat. However, I have been unable to find what the 'smartline' edition is and what are the differences are. Can anyone help?
Mike
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 23:12
In simple terms, it is a 320 which came with a lot of extras included in the price.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 04:35
I think ( not sure ) that it has a hull with masive laminate . ( No balsa core)
It is cheaper to build , so it is cheaper to buy , but still a good boat.
gr Marcel
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 08:35
I think ( not sure ) that it has a hull with masive laminate . ( No balsa core)
It is cheaper to build , so it is cheaper to buy , but still a good boat.
gr Marcel

Thanks Marcel. Are 'smartlines' constructed differently to 'standard' hulls then?
Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 08:37
Originally posted by CharlesP CharlesP wrote:

In simple terms, it is a 320 which came with a lot of extras included in the price.

Charles

Thanks Charles. I suspected as much but there seems to be little info on the Hanse site.
gizmo View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 10:08
Talk to Phil at inspiration Marine, he should be able to help you out.

Ken
Ken
430e # 161
UK
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 10:44
The Smartline came just before my 320, so I think it was launched end of 2009. My 320 is called Advantage and followed the Smartline in early 2010. I think the 325 then followed late 2010 or in 2011.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
Merinalle View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merinalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 17:31
I heard about the Smartline first time at august 2009. I was told that it was an answer to global economic problems of that time. The Smartline yacht was modified slightly more economical to product, and it was partly produced before the potential customer made an order. That way the yard could save money, and keep the employees employed. The customer could get (and pay) the boat faster and saved money, too, but couldn’t get the yacht as tailor-made as it used to be. Sounds almost like a fairy-tale, or at least a nice win-win strategy.

This is the story I was told more than five years ago. When I saw this topic almost a week ago, I thought some Hanse expert would give more exact answer.

I have visited several boat shows during more than last ten years, and every year the Hanses have been a little different. The Hanse 320 has also been modified many ways during the time of production. My opinion is that the Smartline as a word is not so important. Instead, you should keep in mind that there are many differences between yachts of different time of production.

320#166
Janni View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 21:45
We are sailing a H320 Smartline. 
There is no difference with the hull as far as we are aware. 
The model has got the separate lewmar windows - no hull windows.
The model was equipped with some accessories ex yard. 
It came with:
- heating
- warmwater
- lazy bags 
- middle clamps
- reading lights
- 4 ropes and 4 fenders
and some more

I can mail a German leaflet on request. 

Jan

Hanse 320 #548 "SCHNEGGE"
Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 22:02
Thank you for all your replies.  All very helpful. Thank you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>