myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 411
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is ther a Hanse 411 Owners manual?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Serefe411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is ther a Hanse 411 Owners manual?
    Posted: 14 February 2015 at 15:22
I have recently purchased a 2002 411 and I am in the process of repairing/upgrading various items.

Is there a Hanse 411 owners manual? I have manuals for almost all of my individual systems from the various manufactures, but nothing from Hanse itself.

In particular I would really appreciate any Information on the wiring as this seems very complex. I plan to add a battery monitor, has anyone else done this? Any tips?

Also While replacing some pipes and ducting I have located two coils of wire, one behind the trim panel which opens to the hull above the wash basin in the forward heads and another in the bilge under the cooker. These wires contain two strands of cable each, one end disappearing into the boat and the other in a neat coil, as if for some purpose, I am wondering if for some unspecified option not purchased on my boat?

I am very happy with how she sails so far, and looking forward to learning more from other owners
Sealife View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sealife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 09:17
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I posted a similar question following our purchase some years back and it would appear there is no definitive manual available. This may in part be due to the constantly changing way the boats are put together, the optional extras added at purchase, and post-commission modifications.
As someone who has spent a lifetime in electronics I found this situation to be deeply troubling and so spent many hours figuring out the systems, but this knowledge is only of use for our boat as it has been modified so much by the previous owner.

I would suggest that the wires under the cooker are most likely there for a gas detector option. We only have a single heads so can't suggest what the other cable might be for.

Good luck!
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2015 at 06:59
well, on the newer boats Hanse has Chosen to install one standard cable beams, which incorpoarte all Options. I found a 12 Volt cable in my plotter box, which came in very handy for installing my gofree module. I just had to ad a 5A fuse in the main panel.
Are these loose ends you mentionned live with 12 Volt? If yes start to remove fuses until you loose 12 V.
Do they have a number?  Then search the matching number most likely again in the main panel area.
Frank
echoofwight View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echoofwight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2015 at 08:14
I have a 2003 Hanse 341. I have a Hanse manual for mine so I think there must have been one produced for a 411 as well. The manual shows wiring and deck layout etc.

I also have various cables throughout the boat with no purpose and are disconnected at both ends. I can only think this was the practice at the time for possible options.
Steve. Hanse 341 Echo of Wight, . Deep draft and rudder, white hull, Single aft cabin. Raymarine instruments. Raymarine radar. Garmin AIS. Wheel Steering,   Portsmouth.
Bandy View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2015 at 08:37
I have a 411 form 2003. Bought it new. There was not really a manual and certainly not a wiring diagram, which is a pity because the factory installed wiring for all kinds of stuff that was on the option list. If you did not buy this things, the wiring was there anyway. I think that the wiring somewhere under the galley might be for the optional electric halyard winch. There are also wires from the instrument cabinet to the cockpit for cockpit speakers, and maybe the wires in the front cabin are for the anchor winch. There was also wiring available when i installed my heater in the back cockpit locker and the same for the autopilot.

Bandy, Hanse 411 2003
Jøvani View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jøvani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 11:53
The situation for me is the same. The handbook that followed is next to nothing. No el schematics nor  the pipes for pulling cables. Also marking for actuators and fuses were missing. I did a job this winter with the alternator and charging system and at the same time I did my best to follow cables and tag it. As you I found many cables not in use.

I do have an electric halyard winch, but those cables are not in the galley. It is going from the main switch to large fuses (100 and 200 amp) not far from the main switch and to an actuator located beside the anchor winch actuator and form there through the engine room up to the ceiling plate just inside the door to the starboard aft cabin.

I found some el schematic on the net. One covering the engine and another covering most of the other installations. If you PM me your e-mail I can send it to you.

regards
Jøvani    
Jøvani Hanse 411 #189

Tønsberg

Norway
brettcathome View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettcathome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:59
Can I get a copy of the wiring diagram ?
Imagin IV
Jøvani View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jøvani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 19:47
Sure, no problem, but please send me your email adr. Use a PM.
Jøvani
Jøvani Hanse 411 #189

Tønsberg

Norway
Deon View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 20:00
I have bought my 2005 Hanse 411 last year and I am also looking urgently for a diagram of the electrics. I cannot get my anchor windlass to work, not with the engine switched on or anything. Would very much appreciate help on this
Giorgio 48 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giorgio 48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2021 at 09:37
please can you send to me the e address for the elettric schematic that you found  in the net . Giorgio.Travaini@tin.it

Edited by Giorgio 48 - 26 March 2021 at 17:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>