myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hanse 315 model year 2015: what do you think about
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 315 model year 2015: what do you think about

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ta'I Miti 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 16:23
I saw her in Dusseldorf

I have good and bad impression

Bad
Looks like a caravan to stay at home
They exchanged the laaarge lockers for a large cabin
Not build to live in at sea, where do you sleep comfortable when you're sailing?
Where do I put all my stuffs: tools, gennaker etc.?
Lockers are fewer and smaller than mine; and mine are already ridiculously small. Impossible to put dishes flat.
No access to the huge locker by the bathroom
No locker any more in the front cabin
Will you be able to eat on the nice full flat table
No chart table, this is usual on all new boats; but where do you put the necessary basics: charts, ship paper, glasses etc.
No space under the seats: batteries
Missing 2 winches in the cockpit
The outer back platform is nice, but once more this --> less space for buoy etc.
Cheap base but everything is in option

NICE
Nice shape, should be faster than my 312
Lot of space and light inside
Seats seems to be a little larger than mine
Laaaarge cockpit
At least there is water in it
The mainsail traveler is now behind the cockpit table and easy to handle alone
Stay is outside --> more walking space on the roof

But
I prefer ancient ships. They are made for sailing

Not only those who wander are lost

I've learn that the best way to learn about people is to sail with them
Ta'I Miti 2 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ta'I Miti 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 12:22
Hello

I just compared the new 315 and my ancestor 312 (2004)

BETTER
Larger
Brighter
1 locker under the table
double locker in the backroom
Much more water (230l)
More diesel (160)

OTHER
Attractive basic price ( +/- 66.000€)  but very expensive if you want real ship (+/- 150.000€)
More than double

Smaller engine: Volvo d13 instead of 2gm20

Cockpit: larger but as the transom is open no large locker any more and less seat to steer the wheel

No valid chart table any more

Wood looks like cheap caravans

Only 2 roof lights VS 8 on mine

2 roof windows but impossible to add a solar panel anymore

Due to the new bed configuration the huuge locker has vanished and is not accessible any more from the inside

Only 6 small lockers in the saloon VS 8

Fwd cabin, no locker and the foot and no shelves any more
Do not know if the 3 part mattress will be comfortable

Much heavier (+/- 1t)

Where do you sleep when you sail?
Same pblm in mine, the saloon sofas are much to narrow but I can sleep in my aft cabin

As they modified the stairs the nice veranda has vanished

Well, I prefer my ancestor

Not only those who wander are lost

I've learn that the best way to learn about people is to sail with them
h315idra View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h315idra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 17:42
I aree with Tai'I Miti; new boats (Hanse like other yards ) are projected   for a new market: the harbour sailors. Good projects to enjoy bay and motor trip, but with less marine qualities (less sail/with ratio, water tank at bow etc...). This Summer I matched (with 10 years old std stj and main) in 18/20 kts with a Well skipped new Oceanis 38 (with 110% jib and battened main). No match : my 2006 315 sailed so better for speed and degrees to wind; and, sure, I' m NOT Russel Coutts! . I like new 315 because I think is a good compromise beetwin marine qualities and good Life on board ( site better then other simila model of other yards). But in a storm , to a upwind harbour,...I would prefer the old models.
Alessandro Camerini

315#526

Marina di Salivoli, Piombino ITALY
Samtutuki View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samtutuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:23
Hello there Stein. I have just ordered a new 315 to be delivered to me here in Australia in the middle of 2017 so I have to be very patient.

I have a question which I hope you can help me with.

I notice that access to the chart SD card on the Vulcan 7 is from the rear. How does this work in practice? Do you have to remove the Vulcan to get at the card or can you access it from the cockpit locker. (assuming your Vulcan is mounted on port side).

Thank you in anticipation
Samtutuki View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samtutuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:34
Hi Stein

Also what size engine did you select and how does it perform?

Thanks
steinpt View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 13:31
Hi Sam,

(Sorry for being late answering)

"I notice that access to the chart SD card on the Vulcan 7 is from the rear. How does this work in practice? Do you have to remove the Vulcan to get at the card or can you access it from the cockpit locker. (assuming your Vulcan is mounted on port side). " - Its a bit of a pain, being 190cm tall, but into the cockpit locker I go... :)

-Stein
steinpt View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 13:35
I have the 18HP Volvo Penta D1-20, and it works well enough. It will get you where you want to go, in all conditions, but at what time you eventually get there is a very good question...

Seriously, I would not have gone for the 12HP choice, that's for sure.

-Stein
Pepea View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 16:37
Hi everybody, just joined the forum!
we own the new model 315 for a year now, having sailed more than 1.000 miles with her during last season. Based on that experience I'd like comment on a few posts concerning the new 315.
Sailing performance: she's my third Hanse (previously had a 350 and a 301) and by far the best sailing. Even though we opted for the 1,37 m keel. Sails wonderfully in light to moderate conditions. In rough seas you'll experience more movement and spray, compared to older designs. Still she is safe and easy to handle. And fast.
Storage capacity: unsatisfactory on first sight. However you can do a lot to improve the situation. Firstly we ordered two additional lockers for the saloon when we signed the contract (not offered by Hanse, you have to ask for it). The result ist not only more practical but also more beautiful. Secondly I changed the installation of batteries under the starboard saloon bench. Take the plastic inlet away in which the batteries are situated, build a wooden platform for the batteries turned athwartships. Cover it nicely - and enjoy a additional storage room almost as big as under the port side bench. Took me a day to do that, probably the reason why Hanse chose an installation that wasted a lot of storage. Finally I unscrewed the floor boards around the saloon talby, plenty of room there. Result was way enough storage capacity for the four of us during a six weeks cruise. If still not enough for your needs, have a look under the aft cabin's bed. Tons of empty room down there under the plywood cover. Easily accessed with a bit of carpentry.
Best
Marcel 
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 18:38
Hi Marcel
Welcome to the forum
We hope you become an active member I am sure that once you get involved & more experienced with your 315 you will have much to add for the benefit of others.
Please add a signature line as a footer with details of your boat. It is nice to know a little about you. Where based etc.
Good luck

Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
Pepea View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 19:16
Thanks, Samuel, for your welcome! I've added the signature. 
Hanse 315 "Pepea"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>