myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

purchase and use of a code zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad & José Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: purchase and use of a code zero
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 12:15
Hi everyone,
Is there someone who has experience with the purchase and use of a code zero on a 385? I understand that the mast has to be modified for using a code zero: placing another sheave box in the top of the mast and maybe some other modifications. What are the experiences? 
Ad
Snow White View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 13:40
Hi Ad & José,
Why not to go for a code D of DELTA VOILE ?
Have a good Day.
chrgra View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrgra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 19:33
Ad,

At a former message I saw you also have a orange gennaker.
I tought for that the mast need also be changed?

Regards Chris Gradussen
#Havloeye View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Havloeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 22:00

Hello,

I`m using a C0 on a furler, and yes you will have to modify a bit to be able to use it effectively.

- reinforce the bowspit

- 2:1 on halyard and halyard of good quality. You need a lot of tension

- Extra Padeye for sheeting at right place and angle for maximum height.

I bought the boat ready for genaker. This included two sheaves in the top of the mast se picture.

Picture is taken before mounting of 2:1.

My experience so far is good. It is a sail for the longer distances. In short legs you are in risk to loose to much time in handeling.

Havløye
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2016 at 16:40
We have a reinforced bow roller, but don't use the 2 to 1, we just grind very hard on the halliard (which has little stretch).

We use it all the time, lovely sail.
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Lippe View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 07:14
Hi Mark&Catherine,
I remember you have Furlström. Do have also Code Zero?
Kari

Ad & José View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad & José Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 16:12
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your answers. yes I have already a gennaker (orange colour, from Hagoort Sails). The new Hanse 385 will be delivered in March including a Hanse gennaker set (halyard, sheets, etc.). So the boat will/must be gennaker proof. 
But if I want to have a code zero as well then some modifications at the masttop are necessary (other sheave box) not at the bow according to the dealer. When I carry out these modifications later then I have to lay down the mast for these adaptions. So I have to decide to carry out these modifications now or later with additional costs. Maybe the gennaker is enough fun for the first years. 
Ad

Ad Braam
#Havloeye View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Havloeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 12:33

As you see out of my picture above, the halyard lead is thorn off because of the power in the Code 0. I now don`t use a lead, for my gennaker and Code 0. I still use the original sheaves and have so far no problem with theese. Be advised, that if you are not able to tension the halyard for the C0 enough, you may be experiencing gnawing on the halyard over time. I use my C0 up to 18kn TW.

If your dealer says no modifications to the bowroller is necessary..... OK, but be shure that he knows what he is answering. Its maybe done modifications (my boat 2013 model) but, mine would never have been strong enough without extra support.

I did the modification for 2:1 and bowroller myself with a boom lift. I now have two halyards. One for Gennaker and one 2:1 for C0.

Havløye, Hanse 385, hull #193
#Havloeye View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Havloeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 12:39
Forgot to inform that I have a Z Spars mast.

Havløye, Hanse 385, hull #193
Ad & José View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad & José Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2016 at 21:15
Havløye,
Maybe the Z-spar mast is different compared to the Selden mast. Last Sunday I spoke with a Hanse expert on Boot Dusseldorf and he said that the sheave box of the gennaker is to near by the fore stay, therefore it will be necessary to place a new sheave box more in top of the mast. This can be done with the mast in upright position. because it can be arranged later we decided to sail first only with the gennaker and maybe next year we will buy a code zero as well.
thanks
Ad  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>