myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with the simnet routing please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Borjebus View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borjebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with the simnet routing please
    Posted: 18 May 2020 at 18:50
Many thanks!

I found the hatch at the top shelf in the port locker. So far I haven't found any Simnet components behind it. Very visible is the water inlet and ventilation hoses. Will check which route the compass cable takes, and I will use the telephone camera Smile.

Note that my boat, from 2006, have no original Simnet/NMEA 2000 components for depth/speed/temp. At last I found the other end of the grey conduit for the "analogue" tranduce cables: It ends behind the port aft cabin, below all black conduits (it's hidden). I don't believe I will run the tridata NMEA cable all the way back there - must find another way.
BÄSK, Hanse 370e #82 from 2006, Yanmar 3JH4E/SD50, 3-blade Flexofold, RMC(Lewmar) 185 Bowthruster, Vulcan 9, Simrad+B&G instruments
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 13:17
Yes in the port locker is a small hatch, there you will find a bunch of cables. The 3-joiner simnet is just hanging around there. not fixed. So you will not see it when you oben the hatch. Use a small Camera to look down. and than pull on the ricght cable to lift the joiner
Blake 370
Albin View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 20:29
On my H370 there is a junction box (simnet) in the front cabin, left wardrobe, a hatch with some screws.
Borjebus View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borjebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 19:29
Hi,

I have a IS12 Combi instrument fed by two "analogue" cables - one for the depth transducer and one for the speed/temp transducer. As I have bee unable to find a suitable replacement i bougt a triducer with NMEA 2000 connection and plan to replace the Combi instrument with a Data instrument.

My problem is to get the new cable to the area of batteries/navstation where I have some spare backbone/Simnet connections.
There is a light grey conduit under the fore cabin floor, but I can't find out where it ends. The present cables goes all the way to the steering pedestal but behind the SB aft cabin you can only see a couple of black conduits.
Does anybody know where the light grey conduit ends?
BÄSK, Hanse 370e #82 from 2006, Yanmar 3JH4E/SD50, 3-blade Flexofold, RMC(Lewmar) 185 Bowthruster, Vulcan 9, Simrad+B&G instruments
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2016 at 17:53
there is an inspection hatch (plywood with four screws) in the back of the locker. 

The power get's at the steering pedestal in the simnet.
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
Pride of Waterford View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pride of Waterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2016 at 15:52
I am sure there must be a connection behind the port front locker too but how do I get to it any ideas. This is because the signal at the chart table includes both the wind and depth/log also does anyone know where does the power get into the simnet/
Thanks
Jon
Brod Port Lairge
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2016 at 13:58
I have also a connection behind the port front locker....
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
vincio3 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincio3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2016 at 20:01
Hi,
personally I dont think Airmar tridata to have double simnet cable. The sensor provides just one connector to the net. Check Settings page in the chartplotter Menu (in my CX33 there are 2 options 50 or 200hz...) and eventually reset all instruments. 
I experience that massive variation when stationary only if I turn on just the plotter (it has his own switch on the panel) and leave off nav instruments...
Hoping to be helpful...
Hanse 370e #492 2008
Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2016 at 19:55
I think (at least on my setup) the joint is there so the mast can be removed.  I don't have a proper connector there - just a chocolate box.  In essence this is a single cable down to the Simnet connector we've all described earlier.

Edited by Peter Russell - 26 September 2016 at 19:56
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
Pride of Waterford View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pride of Waterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2016 at 19:09
Thanks guys I know of the 3 way near the compression post but is there a joint anywhere else?

Brod Port Lairge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>