myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 505/508
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rib on deck of a 505?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tDot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rib on deck of a 505?
    Posted: 01 December 2016 at 17:19
Hello! I'm super excited to have found this forum, as I've finally found and made a deal on a 505, just waiting for it to close.

I'm just curious how large of a rib people have been able to store on the foredeck without affecting the self tacking jib? Or maybe behind the mast?

Has anyone successfully put a deflated rib in the sail locker or maybe in the bunk beds? (Thinking of these options for ocean crossing)

My long term plan is to have it on davits or a radar arch. Does anyone have pictures of a 505 with a full radar arch and rib on the back of a Hanse? Lots of searching hasn't turned up many.

My hope is a 3.5m aluminum AB or Highline with a 15hp Suzuki. We'll regularly have 4 people and kite gear. So need all the room we can get, a 3.1m might work too.

Thanks in advance!
SausalitoDave View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SausalitoDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 00:14
Welcome to the forum.  I suggest the only issues with an inflated RIB on the deck will be visibility through the dodger and the fact that the jib will likely brush over it on tacks.  As to storage, I have completely converted the bunk room to that purpose and it holds a lot of stuff. I have also put a deflated 3M RIB in the rear locker. There is a lot of room there as well; however, you will need to install some padeyes to prevent stuff from crashing around. The only issue I would have is keeping a gas motor almost anywhere. I think the rear locker is sealed from the cabin except for a wire which could be sealed if not already, that said, I have an electric hydraulic pack for the swim platform in that area.  Too much fire risk.  I mount a gas motor on the rear stanchions.  

Dave
Festina Lente
Hanse 505
Sausalito, CA
kipwrite View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipwrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 02:44
We usually keep our 3.1M dinghy in the forepeak locker where it fits snugly, or tow it. .
The outboard is mounted on the pushpit. We fitted a forespar lift to handle the outboard. The whole
set up works well.
I don't think you'll find an easy way to mount a dinghy that size neatly on the deck of a 505. The idea of a davit seemed unnecessary and tricky given the fold down platform.
Good luck.
Kipwrite
SausalitoDave View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SausalitoDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 20:07
HanseSailor has something similar to what you described.  If you look back in this 505 forum you will find a post marked BBQ.  There are some great photos of his davit assembly.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply