myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two year warranty?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two year warranty?

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain
Avatar

Joined: 31 July 2015
Location: Turku
Status: Offline
Points: 204
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two year warranty?
    Posted: 05 January 2020 at 10:51
Hello,

I see a lot of mentions about Hanse's "two year warranty". The contract I made has only a ONE YEAR warranty (12 months from hand-over). 

Is this something that changed recently?

Back to Top
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral


Joined: 03 November 2012
Location: Switzerland
Status: Offline
Points: 1296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 11:24
Hello Mikael,
two years is according to EU law, when you as private EU individual buy from EU  registered company and take title of the boat.
regards


Frank
Back to Top
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain
Avatar

Joined: 31 July 2015
Location: Turku
Status: Offline
Points: 204
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 11:43
Originally posted by Fendant Fendant wrote:

Hello Mikael,
two years is according to EU law, when you as private EU individual buy from EU  registered company and take title of the boat.
regards

Ah, ok! Now I understand. So these are two different things, essentially. Hanse's 12 month warranty is (according the the EU law) an additional commercial guarantee, that will indeed end one year after taking possession of the boat (not title!). 

So what will your average dealer do with warranty claims that come after the commercial guarantee, before the end of the legal guarantee? Just feed it into the same process or handle it differently? 

Back to Top
Wild View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore
Avatar

Joined: 18 March 2010
Location: Turkey-Greece
Status: Offline
Points: 375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 14:09
Mikael,
You live in Turku Finland ,so you have a 2 year warranty after day of sale from your Hanse dealer like everybody in Europe.
Hanse themselve have no direct contract with you so you have to go by your dealer who is responsible for the warranty.



Edited by Wild - 05 January 2020 at 14:10
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
Back to Top
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral


Joined: 03 November 2012
Location: Switzerland
Status: Offline
Points: 1296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 14:33
Mikael,
 
Hanse or its EU dealer must give a 24 months warranty with no strings attached when the title passes directly to an individual residing in the EU (B2C) ( i.e. commissioning by your dealer or the yard and legal sign off by the owner). This is what the EU directive and the national laws say. There is no "original" warranty and a tag on "commercial" warranty in legal terms. 2 years is what the EU directive for B2C stipulates , which has been transferred into national laws.
 
However if the individual leases the boat from a financial institution (B2B), the title passes from the yard or dealer to the leasing company for the duration of the lease contract, although the boat is the in the possession of the lessee.
 
In this case this is a B2B business where both parties are free to agree on the warranty conditions ( i.e only one year instead of 2 years). BTW the same applies if you go for a time share program. This is often overlooked by individuals in the euphoria of the "we buy a flotilla boat" process.
 
BR


Edited by Fendant - 05 January 2020 at 14:40
Frank
Back to Top
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain
Avatar

Joined: 31 July 2015
Location: Turku
Status: Offline
Points: 204
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 15:19
Originally posted by Fendant Fendant wrote:

Mikael,
 
Hanse or its EU dealer must give a 24 months warranty with no strings attached when the title passes directly to an individual residing in the EU (B2C) ( i.e. commissioning by your dealer or the yard and legal sign off by the owner). This is what the EU directive and the national laws say. There is no "original" warranty and a tag on "commercial" warranty in legal terms. 2 years is what the EU directive for B2C stipulates , which has been transferred into national laws.
 
However if the individual leases the boat from a financial institution (B2B), the title passes from the yard or dealer to the leasing company for the duration of the lease contract, although the boat is the in the possession of the lessee.
 
In this case this is a B2B business where both parties are free to agree on the warranty conditions ( i.e only one year instead of 2 years). BTW the same applies if you go for a time share program. This is often overlooked by individuals in the euphoria of the "we buy a flotilla boat" process.
 
BR

Cheers!

This is not how it's transposed into law over here. HMM. 

Look, here's a copy & paste directly from EU's guarantee FAQ:

Quote That depends on which product guarantee you want to use - the legal guarantee or the commercial guarantee. The legal guarantee is binding on the trader. It is valid for two years and covers products bought anywhere in the EU(In this case, the 28 EU member states + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).

The trader or manufacturer may also give you (or sell you) an additional commercial guarantee, whose terms and conditions are explained in your contract. The terms of the manufacturer's commercial guarantee could give you more advantages than the legal guarantee. A commercial guarantee does not replace your two-year legal guarantee. If you are given a one-year commercial guarantee when you buy a product, you can still use the two-year legal guarantee to claim redress from the trader after more than a year, but still within two years of purchase.

Now, since the contract with the dealer specifies a 12 months warranty period, I believe this has to be considered a "commercial warranty".   

In any case, two years is much better than one year, so that makes me happy :)
Back to Top
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore


Joined: 24 October 2015
Location: Newport, RI, US
Status: Offline
Points: 391
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 21:22
There are multi-year warranties on many components (such as the QUICK thrusters).     In many cases you have to access these *THRU* the Hanse dealer even though Hanse isn't going to be the accountable party.      In my case,   its been 2 1/2 years since I took delivery of my 575 and the QUICK Bowthruster had a problem in October.    The dealer and Quick are taking care of it under warranty as the thrusters have a 3 year period.

FWIW

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
Back to Top
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain
Avatar

Joined: 31 July 2015
Location: Turku
Status: Offline
Points: 204
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 10:51
Originally posted by Black Diamond Black Diamond wrote:

There are multi-year warranties on many components (such as the QUICK thrusters).     In many cases you have to access these *THRU* the Hanse dealer even though Hanse isn't going to be the accountable party.      In my case,   its been 2 1/2 years since I took delivery of my 575 and the QUICK Bowthruster had a problem in October.    The dealer and Quick are taking care of it under warranty as the thrusters have a 3 year period.

FWIW


Thank you!

I had one of these when the B&G wind sensor broke. I have to say both the dealer/Hanse and the 3rd party (Navico) provided excellent response time and service Thumbs Up
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.

Links : www.hanseyachts.co.uk www.hanseyachts.com www.fjordboats.co.uk www.dehler.co.uk www.varianta.co.uk